• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob0244
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2013

Delta 22-560 Planer infeed roller

Hi guys!
    Here I am again with tool problems! Wouldn't it be fun if those were the only problems we had?
    The infeed roller of my Delta 22-560C planer is in an advanced state of decomposition. I checked on the net and found several tool parts suppliers stating it would be shipped in 10-30 days, but checking on another woodworking forum, I found that people as far back as 2009 were complaining these rollers were discontinued and no longer available. I did not verify with the suppliers yet, but decided to check if any of you had similar experiences.
    Thanks for the input.
    Bob
  • jdon
    Established Member
    • Feb 2010
    • Snoqualmie, Wash.
    • BT3100

For the last couple of years I tried off and on to locate a dust collector adapter for my 22-560, without success. It looks like this model has become a Delta orphan, which is too bad, since mine has met my needs. FWIW, ereplacementparts.com lists shipment for the infeed roller as 16-22 days. (The outfeed roller is "obsolete/discontinued", along with a lot of other parts).

I should check the infeed roller on my 22-560, and get one too! What with the BT3K series no longer in production, several of my main tools seem destined for extinction!

Let me know if you have success finding a source for the roller (and other parts)!

Comment

• Bob0244
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2013

found & ordered

Hi Jdon, I found, and ordered the infeed roller at www.acetoolrepair.com. They say it ships in 10-14 working days. We'll see about that...
      The part costs $33.35 and shipment to Canada costs $25 totaling US$58.35, which seems a lot for a piece of foam rubber but, what else to do?
      I have never opened up my planer and have no idea what has to be done to replace the roller, but have confidence in my tinkering abilities. If you have any advice, I'll accept gladly.
      Thanks
      Bob

Comment

• jdon
        Established Member
        • Feb 2010
        • Snoqualmie, Wash.
        • BT3100

Bob0244- thanks for the find. Sorry, but I'm no help in getting into the guts of the planer. All I've done so far is level the extension tables, blow dust off the cutterhead elevation screws, and replace blades. Until I saw your thread, I was of the "ignorance is bliss" approach, but with parts becoming scarce I'd better be more proactive. John

Comment

• phrog
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2005
          • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Just found this site for infeed rollers for 22-560 T1:
          http://www.deltamachineryparts.com/shop/22-560-1/
          I'm not sure what the T1 is for or if they are the same as the 22-560 although their exploded diagram is titled "22-560"
          Their number for the roller is 192 on the exploded diagram.

In case anyone needs to know, the number for the dust collector chute assembly is: 50-445
          Infeed Roller: 1342152
          Outfeed Roller: 1342154

Aforementioned numbers are from my 22-560 instruction manual.

About 5 or 6 years ago, I bought a dust collector chute assembly for my 22-560 at this place:

Workshop Tools Inc
          2708 Teaster Ln
          Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
          (865) 774-1128

They do have a website.

I doubt that they have them now but, who knows! If you find this dust chute adapter it is well worth the $15 or $20 that it costs - it sucks the chips right out of the machine when you have a dust collector attached to it.
          Last edited by phrog; 01-28-2014, 12:29 PM.
          Richard

Comment

• Bob0244
            Forum Newbie
            • Dec 2013

Delta replacement parts

Hi guys! I have not received my infeed roller yet, but checking with www.acetoolrepair.com for update on my order there is a note attached to Delta Tools replacement parts saying they are undergoing relocation of their parts warehouse and any part not in the distributor warehouse inventory is put into "back-order" with no release date.
            This gives me a bad feeling and confirms a lot of complaints about Delta's poor shipping habits lately. Is this just the proverbial tip of the iceberg?
            I will try to be patient and wait a while longer...
            Bob

Comment

• jdon
              Established Member
              • Feb 2010
              • Snoqualmie, Wash.
              • BT3100

I think the "T1" refers to Type 1 (vs. Type 2). I'm not sure what the differences are between types- ereplacementparts.com has parts diagrams for both types, and I can see absolutely no difference in part numbers. Of course, my 22-560 has no mention of the type on the label (so assume it's type 1).

The website for Workshop Tools comes up with a home page, but gives an error when I tried to click on any menu items or key word search.

After fruitless searches for a dust chute, I ended up fabricating (cobbling) one from some sheet metal and a heating duct fitting- it works great hooked up to my DC.

This backorder status doesn't sound encouraging- maybe I'd better start cruising CL for a replacement, just in case...

Comment

• phrog
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2005
                • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by jdon

The website for Workshop Tools comes up with a home page, but gives an error when I tried to click on any menu items or key word search.(
                I got on this site this AM and it appears they no longer sell Delta products. Sorry about that.

Originally posted by jdon
                After fruitless searches for a dust chute, I ended up fabricating (cobbling) one from some sheet metal and a heating duct fitting- it works great hooked up to my DC.(
                Good thinking. Glad that it worked.
                Richard

Comment

• worknhard
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Jan 2011
                  • Denver, CO
                  • BT3000, Shopsmith 510, Luna combo machine

If you can't locate a new Delta replacement roller you might consider having yours recovered. Google "planer roller recover" and you'll find a number of companies that do this. Some companies that I have seen posted on various woodworking sites are:

Comment

• worknhard
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Jan 2011
                    • Denver, CO
                    • BT3000, Shopsmith 510, Luna combo machine

Originally posted by worknhard
                    If you can't locate a new Delta replacement roller you might consider having yours recovered. Google "planer roller recover" and you'll find a number of companies that do this. Some companies that I have seen posted on various woodworking sites are:
                    Western Roller Corp., Forester Roller Co., and Industrial Resource Solutions Inc.

Comment

• atgcpaul
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2003
                      • Maryland
                      • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by worknhard
                      Western Roller Corp., Forester Roller Co., and Industrial Resource Solutions Inc.
                      Never knew this kind of service existed but makes sense now. Thanks. Good to know.

Comment

• Rrose
                        Handtools only
                        • Feb 2014
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Ridgid

Delta rollers

I too am in need of replacing the infeed and outfeed rollers on my Delta 22-560 planer. I like the planer and do not want to replace it. I have found a specialty Rubber Business that will completely refurbish the rollers. However setup is most of the cost. I have been emailing with the owner and he is very cooperative. The cost drops to $65 each with 4 rollers or $75 each with 3 rollers. Bob, if you want to go this route, I believe they will work with two or three of us. It is still more than the price of a new one from Delta, but they don't sell the outfeed roller anymore. If I can get support, I will send him both rollers rather than replace the part.

Comment

• Bob0244
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Dec 2013

Delta 22-560 infeed roller

I'm happy to inform my fellow members that I just received the infeed roller ordered from Ace Tool Repair (www,acetoolrepair.com)
                          The order took 31 working days including snail mail service.
                          Not too bad considering Ace did not have the part in inventory.
                          Now, I just have to find out how to replace the roller...
                          Any suggestions would be appreciated!
                          Bob

Comment

Working...