Established Member
    • May 2011
    • Near Chattanooga, TN
    • ridgid 3650

Brand new 20yr.old Craftsman Radial Arm saw

Just saw this on CL.
    http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/bar/3375685699.html

Just took out of the crate after 20yrs.
    Brand new never used all parts bags are still sealed and have all parts and manuals
    Does come with the legs.

2 1/2 hp 10 inch radial arm saw..

Will trade ..looking for other shop tools or woodworking tools or any interesting trades

Call or text 423-five09-four eight 53
    Located just below downtown in Wildwood Ga.
    In my old age I look back and realize how lucky I was to live in a time when common sense was common.
    Dennis

Sweet Willy
    sigpic
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

I would pay the advertised price which of course is not what they want to sell it for. I flag all ads I see on CL that have one price in the title and a different price or "trade for" in the ad body. I question the integrity of the seller whenever I see stuff like that.

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

Originally posted by sweensdv
      I would pay the advertised price which of course is not what they want to sell it for. I flag all ads I see on CL that have one price in the title and a different price or "trade for" in the ad body. I question the integrity of the seller whenever I see stuff like that.

I think that the seller has to have a dollar amount in the title, so they use $1.00. I've seen that a lot.

Comment

• sweensdv
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • WI
        • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

No, you're thinking is incorrect, you don't "have to" have a dollar amount in the title of a CL ad and even if you did then why wouldn't you put the actual amount that you are looking to get in that title instead of a misleading amount?

Comment

• BigguyZ
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2006
          • Minneapolis, MN
          • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I agree that the ad should have an actual, reasonable, amount.

But what I'm worried about is the included saw blade- do you see that?? That thing has be self-feed like crazy if you have that blade. Definitely not safe.

Comment

• cabinetman
            • Jun 2006
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

No, you're thinking is incorrect, you don't "have to" have a dollar amount in the title of a CL ad and even if you did then why wouldn't you put the actual amount that you are looking to get in that title instead of a misleading amount?
            My thinking could have been misled by what I've been told. But, your thinking that he would sell that saw for $1.00 seems far fetched at best. The ad sounds more like he wants to trade for something...whatever that may be.

Comment

• sweensdv
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • WI
              • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Originally posted by cabinetman
              My thinking could have been misled by what I've been told. But, your thinking that he would sell that saw for $1.00 seems far fetched at best. The ad sounds more like he wants to trade for something...whatever that may be.
              Once again you've missed the point by a mile so I see no reason to comment further.

Comment

• cabinetman
                • Jun 2006
                • So. Florida
                • Delta

Once again you've missed the point by a mile so I see no reason to comment further.
                I got your point. No sense being nasty about it twice. I agree, he should just post his selling price. The ad does seem more motivated for trading IMO.

Comment

• toolguy1000
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by cabinetman
                  I think that the seller has to have a dollar amount in the title, so they use $1.00. I've seen that a lot.

i've posted Cl ads with no prices at all in the title line. i do place a price or price/obo reference in the item's description as i did in several ads for a recently sold unisaw.
                  there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...