TS Aligner Jr

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BeauxTi
    Established Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 108
    • Georgetown Texas
    • Ryobi BT300

    #1

    TS Aligner Jr

    Guy - shot in the dark- anyone know where I can find one. Seems the guy who makes them has gone into hiding and not to be found. Surfed around and heard the same story over and over - can not get in contact - does not return call - waited for 14 months - etc...... just checking. Thanks
    Beaux Ti -

    If you see a Bomb Tech running, follow him....
  • aiyou
    SawdustZone Patron
    • Mar 2006
    • 110
    • Charlotte, NC
    • BT3100

    #2
    I might have one.

    I am out of town, will be back late tomorrow and could check Saturday. Will let you know.

    Rob

    Comment

    • cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • 15216
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

      #3
      Are you familiar with the traditional method for aligning a table saw with using common shop tools?

      .

      Comment

      • toolguy1000
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 1142
        • westchester cnty, ny

        #4
        Originally posted by cabinetman
        Are you familiar with the traditional method for aligning a table saw with using common shop tools?

        .

        +1. never saw the need for one of those. your miter gauge and a $10 dial gauge from harbor freight are as sophisticated as you need to be. proper alignment is possible using much simpler methods, but a dial gauge removes a bit of any trial and error.
        there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

        Comment

        • BeauxTi
          Established Member
          • Jan 2012
          • 108
          • Georgetown Texas
          • Ryobi BT300

          #5
          I have tried a few of the tried and true methods - seems I am not seeing what I should be on the square/dot on the saw/scrape of the screwhead/etc.... I am guessing I can read a dial (if it were digital even better). From what I read on the TS Aligner Jr - it can also be used on router, Miter saw , Drill press, planer, etc... seems to be a handy thing to have around.
          Beaux Ti -

          If you see a Bomb Tech running, follow him....

          Comment

          • toolguy1000
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2009
            • 1142
            • westchester cnty, ny

            #6
            try getting your miter gauge and set up a dial gauge like this. works quite well. yes, i used the same blade tooth for both measurements.
            Attached Files
            there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

            Comment

            • BeauxTi
              Established Member
              • Jan 2012
              • 108
              • Georgetown Texas
              • Ryobi BT300

              #7
              Ordered a digita dial today - AMAZON - will report back when I see how it works.
              Beaux Ti -

              If you see a Bomb Tech running, follow him....

              Comment

              • toolguy1000
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 1142
                • westchester cnty, ny

                #8
                eliminate any "slop" the miter bar might have in the slot. then square the miter gauge to the blade. then check your blade alignment relative to the miter slot as shown in my pics above (use same tooth on both ends of blade). keep miter gauge in same slot and check fence alignment the same way. good luck.
                there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

                Comment

                • BeauxTi
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2012
                  • 108
                  • Georgetown Texas
                  • Ryobi BT300

                  #9
                  okay - the miter is square to the blade - the gauge help tons. Now a second issue. I will post on the BT300 question board in case there is someone else with similar issues. Thanks Toolguy!
                  Beaux Ti -

                  If you see a Bomb Tech running, follow him....

                  Comment

                  Working...