Clear All
  • RangerRick
    Forum Newbie
    • Jun 2011
    • Mass.
    • bt3000

Bandsaw ?s

A couple of bandsaw questions.

Does anyone have contact info for the bandsaw guy with the great catalog? I had one years ago, but forget his name.

I have a Delta bandsaw with 3/4 hp motor and am thinking of getting the riser block kit to be able to resaw up to 12". Will I lose accuracy on thinner stock, most of my cutting is 2" or under? But I do love to resaw and would like to try larger stock. Is 3/4 hp powerful enough for 12"?

Thanks Rick
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Lou Iturra. AFAIK he still doesn't have a web site. Google or a forum search for his name should turn up a phone number and/or address.

The riser kit will include a longer upper guide post, so you shouldn't see any difference in accuracy for shorter stock. The motor HP is another matter; with softer woods it will probably be okay but on hard, dense woods it will struggle.
    Larry

Comment

• sweensdv
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • WI
      • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

The last time I called Iturra this was a good phone number, 904-642-2802.

Comment

• toolguy1000
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • westchester cnty, ny

http://www.manta.com/c/mmc3znn/iturra-design
        there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• RangerRick
          Forum Newbie
          • Jun 2011
          • Mass.
          • bt3000

Thanks for the info on the bandsaw guy, he is the one I wanted. Undecided on the riser kit, looking at all the trees that came down from our early snowstorm last week got me thinking about 12" of capacity. I have heard 3/4 hp not enough for hardwoods.

Thanks Rick

Comment

• toolguy1000
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2009
            • westchester cnty, ny

lou iturra is one of the best band saw people in the country. he tells it like it is and hasn't yet steered me wrong.
            there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• RangerRick
              Forum Newbie
              • Jun 2011
              • Mass.
              • bt3000

I will give him a call this week, there are a few things I need, a tension spring is on my list. Recently added a linked belt, made a huge difference. The bandsaw is my favorite machine, maybe I will give it an overhaul. I'll see what goodies Lou has to offer.

Rick

Comment

Working...