X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hfdff
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2011

Jet table saw JTS-10MD

I found this Jet table saw for sale on craigslist for $80. It looks in good condition. The seller says it doesn't come with the fence. I did web search I couldn't find much info on it. Was just wondering how old is this model, are their still parts available for it and if available would this be a good buy thx.
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

It'd be great if you could post a pic of it...
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• hfdff
      Forum Newbie
      • Jul 2011

here's the link to the craigslist ad
      http://houston.craigslist.org/tls/2538249052.html
      hope this helps

Comment

• toolguy1000
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • westchester cnty, ny

is this it:

http://content.wmhtoolgroup.com/manuals/man_708100.pdf

if yes, it was probably sold with a fence. since it's a jet, and i really don't think much of their tools, i'll refrain from my usual bashing. however, if it is a left tilt 10" contractor saw with no other problems, it woud be hard to pass up for $80. add a delta t-2 to it for $150 (or les soff CL) and it would probably be a serviceable saw.
        there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

It's pretty rusty and is an older model, but if it runs it's worth the $80 IMO. With some elbow grease you can get the rust off. Something like a Delta T2 fence costs ~$150. Is the saw with a nice fence worth $230? You might be able to find a replacement fence for less on Ebay or elsewhere. At worst, you could probably profit a little by selling the motor, wings, leg stand, and other small parts....no major loss if it runs.
          Last edited by Knottscott; 08-09-2011, 10:28 PM.
          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• hfdff
            Forum Newbie
            • Jul 2011

Thanks for the responses. The table has already been sold.

Comment

• toolguy1000
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2009
              • westchester cnty, ny

consider yourself fortunate. good deals are sometimes like busses..you just have to wait a little while and another one comes along.
              there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• Knottscott
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2004
                • Rochester, NY.
                • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by hfdff
                Thanks for the responses. The table has already been sold.
                Just as well...it would have been a fair amount of work to get it up to snuff. Add the cost of fence to the value of your labor, and I think you would have had a decent saw that wasn't such a great deal as you had intended! There will be others!

Comment

Working...