• Show
Clear All
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

silverfox Was Right!!!

A few years back there was a member here who went by the name of silverfox. Mike was a very personable fellow who just loved everything Harbor Freight and was still able to got along with everyone in that pursuit. However, he had one product from them that no matter how many times he returned it, 6 or 7 I believe, he always got another bad one right back. No matter how hard he tried to get a good one, their Magnetic Base Light was just his Waterloo.

I got to thinking about Mike today cause my HF Magnetic Base Light finally died today. Whereas the ole silverfox couldn't seem to get a good one to save his life mine on the other hand lasted a very long time, 6-8 years or so. So Mike, wherever you are, I agree with you now, they're pure junk!
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Hehe, that $15 lamp sure must be a POS after failing in such short a time.
    Erik

Comment

• sweensdv
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • WI
      • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

I'm pretty sure I paid about $7 for it. I do know for sure that it wasn't over $10.

Comment

• Lonnie in Orlando
        • May 2003
        • Orlando, FL, USA.
        • BT3000

Funny that you brought up the HF mag base lamp ...

I remember reading bad reports about the lamp. Mine always worked, so I thought that I had dodged the bullet. Doncha know - the switch on mine stopped working a couple of weeks ago. I was ready to buy another, but it started working again after I fiddled with it for a while. Maybe I can get a few more on/off cycles from it.

And yes, I am a confirmed HF junkie, too.

- Lonnie
        OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all

Comment

• Joe DeFazio
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2006
          • Pittsburgh, PA
          • BT3100

I got mine used when the owner of another used tool I was buying offered to throw it in for free. So, mine was "pre-broken!"

That's been probably five years ago, and I still frequently use the broken thing. With a little finesse, I can line up the broken parts of the switch and turn it on and off. I guess maybe it's silly to use it, but, hey, I never remember to buy a replacement, and when I need light, it's right there....
          Last edited by Joe DeFazio; 08-05-2011, 11:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...