Clear All
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

New Ryobi 3-Year Warranty

FINALLY, I see its posted.

When Home Depot put out its last tool catalog last fall (2010), many of the Ryobi power tools were marked as having a 3-year warranty. Being a Ryobi fan, I thought this to be an error and I questioned Ryobi Customer Service about it. That department also thought it an error but after a couple of days of checking, I was told that effective January 1, 2011 all the power tools would have a new 3-year warrenty. (I think I referred to that in a post to the forum at that time.)

Well, I was beginning to wonder if somebody was just "blowin' smoke", but I see on the web site today that the new 3-year warranty is in effect on any tool purchased after January 1, 2011. Not much in the way of fanfare, but at least it's posted:

http://ryobitools.com/support/three_year_warranty

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!
  • BigguyZ
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Hm... interesting.

I've always liked Ryobi for low-cost tools. But lately I've been spending the extra $$ for the nicer stuff, and not looking back. If their Li-Ion drills had ever went down in price, I might have stayed with them. But I switched to the Makita LXT set, and it's such a huge difference!

Either way, it's good to see them standing behind their products.

Comment

Working...