• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aimlesssoul
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2005
    • Illinois, Will County

Delta mobile bases

Which one will fit a Rikon 10-325. I would prefer one that raises the saw with one foot pedal. Any other suggests would be great.
    I am in shape. Round is a shape!
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

are you looking for a delta that is "made" for the size of the base of the 10-325? if not here is a "one foot" universal delta base:

http://www.amazon.com/DELTA-50-345-U...ies/B0000223CL

this one will also work and is, IMHO, better than the delta or similar "frame" universal mobile bases:

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/208...dware-Kit.aspx

the wood river takes solid pieces of 3/4" plywood, up to two layers thick for 1 1/2" of ridgidity. put a double layer of plywood cut to size on it, then bolt the saw to the plywood in the base and it's not going to flex. this will reduce the inherent vibration band saws have resulting in smoother and more accurate cuts. true, it's got two front wheel lifts, but the extra wheel will provide greater stability while in motion.
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• sweensdv
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • WI
      • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

This one from Rockler will work on your Rikon. I have the old Harbor Freight version under my 10-325 and it works just fine. I used metal channel for mine instead of wood which I find to be much sturdier and way less bouncy.

Comment

• phrog
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2005
        • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

I just sold on eBay a couple of the HF knockoffs of the one-pedal Delta. My advice if you get one of this type: Be sure to use really strong wood or it will flex and the "feet" at the pedal end will drag making it extremely difficult to move. Also, a plywood insert between the rails for the tool to sit on would be desirable by helping to eliminate the "bounce." (as Toolguy suggested or use metal instead of wood as Dave suggested)
        Last edited by phrog; 03-15-2011, 04:31 PM.
        Richard

Comment

• wardprobst
          • Jan 2006
          • Wichita Falls, TX, USA.
          • Craftsman 22811

I've got an unused Rockler base like sweensdv linked to which I'd let go for $45 shipped. It's in the box, but the lid has been torn of, all parts are there.
          PM if interested,
          DP
          www.wardprobst.com

Comment

• toolguy1000
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2009
            • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by sweensdv
            This one from Rockler will work on your Rikon. I have the old Harbor Freight version under my 10-325 and it works just fine. I used metal channel for mine instead of wood which I find to be much sturdier and way less bouncy.

what size metal channel did you use?
            there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...