• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

i'm retiring my 1" machinists dial gauge

i got one of these snap depth gauges by igaging when rockler clearanced them a while back:

and i think i have a new favorite toy. it works really well. very intuitive. i attached it to my incra 1000 miter gauge and checked the alignment of the bade and fence of both table saws. here's the c-man blade:

take the magnetic base from the machinists dial gauge and the igaging snap depth gauge is a height gauge:

one thing would make this function, and planer knife setting, better and that's an assortment of different tips for the plunge rod. i've tried to google kits or accessories like that, but haven't come across what i need. i'm looking for something like the little tip kit that is included with inline industries alignit deluxe tool. if anyone knows where something like that can be found, it's location would be appreciated.
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

I haven't tried mine on my snap gauge, but Peachtree carries a set of tips that fit my HF dial gauge.
    Erik

Comment

• toolguy1000
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2009
      • westchester cnty, ny

thanks for the info. i accidently found this when trying for a new source for the snap depth gauge since rockler seems to no longer stock it:

http://quintmeasuring.com/cart/indicators-c-41.html

very helpful people and the $7.95 price plus $5 shipping seemed quite reasonable.
      there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• pelligrini
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • Fort Worth, TX
        • Craftsman 21829

Very reasonable, good find.
        Erik

Comment

• L. D. Jeffries
          • Dec 2005
          • Russell, NY, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

I got one of those as well but mine came with extension tips. I'am not in the shop right now but will go out and check to see what size the ext. tips are and get back on line.
          RuffSawn
          Nothin' smells better than fresh sawdust!

Comment

• L. D. Jeffries
            • Dec 2005
            • Russell, NY, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000

Just went out to the shop and checked my depth gage. It came with an extra battery, a 1" extension and a 2" extension plus the 1" already as part of the gismo. When all are screwed together you wind up with a 4" depth gage. Haven't used it yet as only got it last week but looks like it will be a handy item.
            RuffSawn
            Nothin' smells better than fresh sawdust!

Comment

Working...