• Show
Clear All
  • Russianwolf
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
    • One of them there Toy saws

Returning to my roots.

New Drum sander should be in the shop by the weekend (sanding rolls arriving today) and the DC is almost ready to go again too. The Weather is warming up and I think I need some actual shop time.

I'm thinking its time to start making chess boards again.
    Mike
    Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.
  • BigguyZ
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Tired of pens?

Comment

• Russianwolf
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
      • One of them there Toy saws

nope, going to be doing some stuff with them too, but remembering some of the stuff that brought me to the game.
      Mike
      Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

It has been nearly a year since I did a pen and 7 months since I did any kind of woodwork. I know the feeling of doing some of all and mixing work between different kinds.

My shop and storage is SOOO crowded with my freight from Japan that I can't get to anything. It will be at least a month before I can assemble my lathe and start making pens again.

I did spend the morning working on my 19hp lawn tractor (mower) cleaning out the carb and getting it to run again, and cleaning and greasing it for the summer. Feels GOOD to be able to accomplish something. The one thing that I missed while in Japan was being able to ride my mower. Tractors and farming was my roots!

Go do some woodwork and show us your accomplishments! I have found that for me personally, that after an absence of doing something like pen turning or wood work, the previous experience makes the return easier, quicker, and more rewarding. Looking forward to seeing some picts!
        Last edited by leehljp; 03-02-2011, 02:47 PM.
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...