• Show
Clear All
  • gordons
    Established Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Charlotte, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100

Kudos to Makita

First, my apologies for the long delay in not providing an update to my thread here http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=51806.

I know that it has been some months, but chopped off a piece of fingertip with the dado - fortunately not down to the bone, but incapacitating anyway. Then had to go away for a nearly a month, and now trying to catch up with everything.

As to the Makita saw - I contacted Makita directly in Buford, GA. After posting some videos and a few discussions, they sent me a FedEx label and had me ship the saw back to them. A few weeks later, the saw returned and I am pleased to say is cutting away as good as ever. According to the enclosed job ticket, they replaced the following items:
    • controller
    • carbon brush set
    • field assembly
    • armature assembly

All this including shipping both ways at Makita's expense. Makes me confirm my decision to purchase their products. Service like this is hard to find anywhere these days.

My sincere thanks to Jeff Walston and Tim Parker at Makita for their time and effort in attending to and resolving this issue satisfactorily. It was a real pleasure dealing with people who care and have a commitment to their product line.
    Gordon
    I'd rather be a hammer than a nail
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Sorry to hear about the fingertip, Hope its O.K.,.Kudos to Makita tho on taking thorough action

Comment

• luteman
      Established Member
      • Dec 2007
      • Northern Michigan
      • BT3100-1

A few years back, I had a similar customer service experience with Ryobi. I was then and still am very impressed with Ryobi customer service, especially considering the price point of their tools.

Comment

Working...