CMS tragedy ;(

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • 3779
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

    #16
    Haha, I gotcha Loring. That's ok. I saw the GMC in person today at Sear's and man, it is nothing like my old GMC slider. I was very disappointed at the piece of junk. At first glance I noticed that the fence was shorter than the old fence, but the rear locking handle for the bevel was completely different and inferior. What really killed me was how bad the twin bar sliding was on this brand new model. When sliding the saw would shake a tiny bit! I even tried it on the concrete floor to eliminate shaking from the display rack, but nope... I can understand where luteman is coming from now. I guess I will take another look at the HF slider when I get a chance....

    Edit: reading more on amazon reviews of different sliders, apparently the bearings break in with use and become smooth over time ;( That was one of the main reason's I walked away... I will have to reconsider.
    Last edited by chopnhack; 10-03-2010, 12:00 PM.
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

    Comment

    Working...