• Show
Clear All
  • Rich P
    Established Member
    • Apr 2003
    • Foresthill, CA, USA.
    • Powermatic 66 (1966 vintage)

Woodcraft X-Treme Tape Wrap

Has anyone tried this product for sealing DC joints?
    Don't ever ask a barber if you need a haircut.
  • gsmittle
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • St. Louis, MO, USA.
    • BT 3100

There's a narrower black product that seems similar. I've used that for wrapping clamp handles and hose repairs and such. Over a fairly short time it sticks to itself and becomes essentially one piece. I can't remember what it's called.

g.
    Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
    Bill & Ted

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

Originally posted by gsmittle
      There's a narrower black product that seems similar. I've used that for wrapping clamp handles and hose repairs and such. Over a fairly short time it sticks to itself and becomes essentially one piece. I can't remember what it's called.

g.
      I remember seeing a write up when the stuff first came out. Thought it would be good to cushion tool and mower handles. Never saw it in any stores, though. Figured it would show up in bike shops for handle bars.
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• gsmittle
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2004
        • St. Louis, MO, USA.
        • BT 3100

Originally posted by Pappy
        I remember seeing a write up when the stuff first came out. Thought it would be good to cushion tool and mower handles. Never saw it in any stores, though. Figured it would show up in bike shops for handle bars.
        I don't remember where I got my roll, I think maybe in the electrical section of my local mom 'n pop hardware store. I've had it for years.

g.
        Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
        Bill & Ted

Comment

• Mr__Bill
          Veteran Member
          • May 2007
          • Tacoma, WA
          • BT3000

I saw it demonstrated on some TV show and it looked interesting. There they used it to hold a chair together while the glue dried on the stretchers. They did say that it was a one time use and then went on to show it repairing a garden hose and some other stuff.

I got a roll of the imitation from Harbor Freight and use to to repair the power cord on the vacuum after some idiot tries to vacuum it up, have just about used up the roll on that cord. It also seals up the light duty drip irrigation tubing after you mash it with a shovel.

The HF version does not melt into one piece as well as the stuff on TV seemed to but still does the job for me.

HF also has liquid electricians tape that I have used to seal up connections in the wiring on the truck and utility trailer. When I run out of tape I may try it on the vacuum cord but it does not stay as rubbery and flexible as the extreme tape.

Bill

Comment

• Tom Slick
            Veteran Member
            • May 2005
            • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
            • sears BT3 clone

I've used a similar product. It works great but is very expensive.
            Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

Working...