• Show
Clear All
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Lee Valley Thread ID & Customer Service

I picked up the Thread ID kit offered by Lee Valley during the latest deal on their Jig Hardware Assortment. I haven't put it to use yet, but I did check it out pretty closely. It will come in handy when I have to figure out thread sizes for small stuff. http://www.leevalley.com/US/hardware...00&cat=3,41306

I got a letter from LV yesterday stating that there was an issue with manufacturing of the Nut & Bolt Identifier and deemed it defective. They said that the markings on the plate are not permanent. They included a couple printed reference cards that are sized to fit in the wooden box so it can still be used after the markings are no longer legible.

They stated that the purchase price will be refunded and if it affected the shipping costs those will be refunded too. They also said: "Please keep the nut and bolt identifier; you do not need to return it to us."

That's just stellar Customer Service! I'm very impressed. I don't know of too many retailers that would go the extra distance like LV did.
    Erik
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

I've never been disappointed with anything I've purchased from them. Because of that fact, I try and give them as much of my business as possible.

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
      Veteran Member
      • May 2003
      • Nanuet, NY, USA.
      • BT3100

Yup,

Same thing happened to me, you can't beat Lee Valley for service, they're really nice guys.

Bruce
      "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
      Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• chopnhack
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2006
        • Florida
        • Ryobi BT3100

I have ordered stuff from them and was less than pleased with their answer... I was ordering about $500 worth of tools and asked if they would ship for free because of the size of the order. Figuring that the economy is not that great (this was about 1.5 years ago) and the shipping wouldnt amount to much I was told flat out no. I could have sworn I had seen free shipping offered before by them so I thought that this was a little crappy considering I was in affect asking for no more than a 2-3% discount. That stuck with me.
        I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• cwsmith
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • NY Southern Tier, USA.
          • BT3100-1

Great service, for sure!

I have only ordered from two companies for my woodworking needs, and I think Lee-Valley's service is beyond expectations. Good quality, delivery, and never a problem of any kind. I usually find their product to be very good too.

CWS
          Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...