• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • docrowan
    • Mar 2007
    • New Albany, MS
    • BT3100

Rockwell Jawhorse Reviews?

Does anyone have experience with the Rockwell Jawhorse? I've seen some TV ads, but haven't tried one myself.

I've been considering 'freecycling' some oak pallets into a furniture project. I'll need to use some heavy prying action to remove the spiral nails. Having experience with this before, I know how tough it can be. The runners on the bottom are what I'm after, and I thought about slicing off the cross slats and clamping the runner in a jawhorse so I can get to it easier. I figure this would be better than crawling around on the concrete, but I'm not sure the jawhorse can clamp well enough for this.
    - Chris.
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

They claim a ton of clamping force in one direction IIRC. We also had a discussion about the tool not long ago. I will try to find it.

Here we go: http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=48480
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• drlien
      Forum Newbie
      • Apr 2005
      • CLEAR LAKE, MN, USA.

I have one. It does seem to have plenty of clamping force for what I've used it for, but I haven't tried to push the limits. Last summer I used the vice to hold some 1-1/4" pipe for threading. It did fine for that, but one thing I did notice was that it could get tippy depending on the direction of the force applied (I was using a manual pipe theader with about a 3 foot handle). It didn't really deter me from completing the project though and I've been happy with the jawhorse. It fits my needs much better than the old Workmate I had for several years.

Comment

• RAV2
        Established Member
        • Aug 2007
        • Massachusetts

Don't forget safety glasses.

I almost put my eye out when a nail broke free and tried to take my head off!

Comment

Working...