• Show
Clear All
  • Cubsfan
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • CO.

Good price on used G1182Z ?

I found this on craigslist:

Though it may be gone soon, does this seem like a decent deal? I was hoping for the rigid clearance at Home Depot, but so far no go here.
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

I don't know that jointer, but that seems like a very good price for just about any 6" floor unit in good shape.

Comment

• herb fellows
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • New York City
      • bt3100

My thoughts exactly, if it looks decent you can't go wrong at that price.
      You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• Cubsfan
        Established Member
        • Jan 2004
        • CO.

Craigslist is amazing. I emailed the gentleman not more than 20 minutes after he posted it, and it was already sold.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

Originally posted by Cubsfan
          Craigslist is amazing. I emailed the gentleman not more than 20 minutes after he posted it, and it was already sold.
          One thing I always do when calling on a Craigslist ad is leave the seller a way to contact me if the sale does not go through. It's amazing how many times a "buyer" will not follow through, or shows up with less than the agreed amount and tries to haggle. Many items go back up for sale, and it's good if the seller knows he can call or e-mail you without going through that hassle. I have ended up with several items in that very manner, even after I thought they were gone.

Comment

• Cubsfan
            Established Member
            • Jan 2004
            • CO.

I do the same thing. He unfortunately responded to me immediately after the guy picked it up, so someone moved really quickly!

He's selling a bandsaw too, so he's going to give me some information on that later. Hope it's a good deal too!

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
              The Full Monte
              • May 2007
              • Sunshine State
              • BT3000

Originally posted by Cubsfan
              He unfortunately responded to me immediately after the guy picked it up, so someone moved really quickly!
              There will be others... A jointer is one tool that many people get because they think they need it, and then they don't use it much. It's hard to store one out of one's way, so many low-mileage jointers end up on the market after the pixie dust wears off...

Comment

Working...