• Show
Clear All
  • Eagan
    Established Member
    • Feb 2006
    • bloomington, IN
    • rigid r4512

Portamate Miter Saw Stands

Anyone have any experience with these? Menards has three different types on sale - actually they have all their stands on sale, but the price points on these are most appealing - and I'm wondering how well they hold up.
  • jabe
    • Apr 2006
    • Hilo, Hawaii
    • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

I have a cheap Stable Mate Plus-100 stand, works great. I mounted a plywood to the mounting clamp so its like a little table. I then mount my ms mark the mounting holes, drill the holes through the plywd table and install tee nuts on the bottom of the plywood table. Then I mount my SCMS mark the mounting hole drill through the plywood and install tee nuts on the bottom of the plywood table. Now I have a stand that I can use with two of my saws. I then place those 3 wheeled dollys under each leg so I can roll it around for portability. I like the stable mate cause it's made with heavy galv. plated metal good for my tropical climate.

Comment

• eccentrictinkerer
      • Aug 2007
      • Minneapolis, MN
      • BT-3000, 21829

I'm also a fan of the Stable-Mate. I've tried several portable saw benches and the S-M is the best. I started with the base model and now have the upgrade model.

I welded 4" caster to two of the legs-makes it easy to roll around. I also bolted a double handybox with two duplex outlets to one end. The box is connected to a 20" heavy-duty extension cord.

Good luck!

J.SD.
      You might think I haven't contributed much to the world, but a large number
      of the warning labels on tools can be traced back to things I've done...

Comment

• slieber967
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2007

portamate saw stands

i have one and use it in the garage mostly. cheap(on sale, the current prices on amazon are rediculous) good customer service(supplied replacement parts no charge), sturdy.

Comment

• slieber967
          Forum Newbie
          • Nov 2007

portamate saw stands

i have one and use it in the garage mostly. cheap(on sale) good customer service(supplied replacement parts no charge), sturdy.
          the not so good, made out of steel therefore heavy. i take the 12 inch dewalt saw off before going anywhere.hard to move over irregular ground; small wheels and low angle ,if you try to lift the end high the legs dig in.

bottom line its fine for the price and what i use it for, if you need portability look for something else.

kc
          slieber967@aol.com

Comment

• Eagan
            Established Member
            • Feb 2006
            • bloomington, IN
            • rigid r4512

Thank you. Not planning on moving it anywhere; it would be a pretty stationary setup.

Comment

• Cubsfan
              Established Member
              • Jan 2004
              • CO.

What's Menard's price on it?

Comment

• tjr
                Established Member
                • Oct 2008
                • at the falls of the Ohio
                • BT3000 (1 3/4 of them)

Looks like $39.96 for the cheap one. On sale 'til the 7th.

Comment

• Zip1
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Dec 2004
                  • Milwaukee, WI, USA.

For $99 I got the Ryobi at the BORG, seems better built with more features than the Stablemate PLUS-100 for less money.

Don't see it listed on HD website though...

https://www.finehomebuilding.com/too...saw-stand.aspx

Comment

Working...