X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farkel
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2002

Back From the Dark Side (Temporarily)

Last week I bought a $400 Bosch 4100 reconditioned because I was fed up with the BT3100 blade elevation issues.

I never even plugged in the Bosch, however, because the first thing I noticed out of the box was that I like the BT fence much more than the Bosch fence. I packed up the Bosch, cleaned and lubricated the BT elevation parts yet again and replaced the BT elevation handle with a pair of vise grips. Figured I would just wait for something better to come along.

Two nights later having dinner with friends, I heard about a well maintained Delta Hybrid (Delta T2 fence) than I can get in a week or two from a friend or a friend for less than I paid for the Bosch.

New Item for to-do list: make room in an already crowded shop for a full size saw.
  • tkarlmann
    Established Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Hoffman Estates, IL, USA.
    • BT3100

Am I missing something?

Originally posted by farkel
    I was fed up with the BT3100 blade elevation issues.

..., cleaned and lubricated the BT elevation parts yet again and replaced the BT elevation handle with a pair of vise grips. Figured I would just wait for something better to come along.
    Duh? Ryobi should have replacement parts, why not go that route? I don't have any 'blade elevation problems' with my BT3100. Are you claiming this is just your saw or all BT3100's?

No visegrips required for my BT3100.

Thom
    Thom

Comment

• thestinker
      • Oct 2005
      • Fort Worth, TX, USA.

The only time I have had blade elivation problems was due to the elevation control screw being full of saw dust and needing lube. Once I cleaned it all out, and put some dry lube on it, it worked great. http://www.properautocare.com/dupelu...FREMDQodPB9Byg

Thats the lube I use. It won't attract dust, and it doesn't contain silicon.

Riley
      Awww forget trying to fix it!!!! Lets just drink beer

Comment

• atgcpaul
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2003
        • Maryland
        • Grizzly 1023SLX

I haven't owned the BT3100 for a few years now but when I had blade
        elevation issues, it was the back of the guard rubbing against the back of
        the saw.

Comment

Working...