• Show
Clear All
  • tseavoy
    Established Member
    • May 2009
    • Nordland, Marrowstone Island, Washington
    • Older 9 inch Rockwell Delta (1960?)

Source for HF Multifunction Blades

I'm one of those who bought the HF multifunction tool. In a very short time it paid for itself. Now I need a new woodcutting blade -- the straight one. The HF online catalog only offers a set of three, including two scrapers that I don't need. Other sources list a pack of 3 for about $25, almost the price of the tool itself. Anyone know where the straight woodcutting blade can be purchased at HF prices? I don't live close to a HF store (unless I want to pay for a ferry ride). Maybe buy two more tools just to get the blades?

Tom on Marrowstone
  • phi1l
    • Oct 2009
    • Madison, WI

The nicest thing about the HF model is that the blades are entirely held by compression, so anything that the will go over the tightening bolt will work. I have used Dremel & Fein Blades with mine, & from just glancing at those th the Rockwell tool, they look like they should work as well.

I checked the last time I was at my local HF last week, & they now have a decent selection of individual blades in stock, so you might want to check back with them as well.

Good Luck

Comment

• Sid
      Established Member
      • Apr 2004
      • Bloomington, IL, USA.
      • Craftsman 22124

Originally posted by phi1l
      The nicest thing about the HF model is that the blades are entirely held by compression,
      I've read earlier posts saying that the HF tool didn't have positioning pins for the blades, but the one I bought about a month ago (item 67256) does have 4 pins, and the blades have 12 holes that go over the pins and allow 12 mounting angles.

That said, a post at http://www.bt3central.com/showthread...des#post419689 asked if Bosch blades would fit the HF tool and linked to Bosch bimetal blades from McFeely's at http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/RBB-...nge-Cut-Blades

Judging from the scale on the blades and careful measurements on my monitor, I'm guessing that the Bosch blades would fit over the HF pins, or could at least be made to fit with a little enlargement of the holes. The 3/4" blade is $8.44 but the bimetal blades should cut metal and last longer than the original HF blades when cutting wood.

Sid
      Last edited by Sid; 11-06-2009, 11:41 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

• phi1l
        • Oct 2009
        • Madison, WI

That's very interesting, the one I got has no pins, just a compression washer to hold the blade tight.

Comment

• scmhogg
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2003
          • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
          • BT3000

Tom,

This web page for HF lists a few more replacement blades. The three pack is now $9.99. My HF in Simi Valley has a rack with at least a dozen different blades. I recently bought one that cuts 20g steel, for a friend. If you know the blades you want, I could get them here and send them to you.

I have used the half moon blade the most.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=67256

Steve
          I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

• tseavoy
            Established Member
            • May 2009
            • Nordland, Marrowstone Island, Washington
            • Older 9 inch Rockwell Delta (1960?)

Thanks guys. I decided to take Sid's suggestion to get them from McFeely (wasn't he the postman on Mr. Rogers?). Two of the bimetal blades should last me for some time.
            That tool is the answer to some situations where it would be very frustrating to get out of.

Tom on Marrowstone

Comment

• tjr
              Established Member
              • Oct 2008
              • at the falls of the Ohio
              • BT3000 (1 3/4 of them)

Originally posted by scmhogg
              ... I recently bought one that cuts 20g steel...
              Steve
              Do you happen to know which blade this is?

Thanx.

Comment

• scmhogg
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2003
                • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
                • BT3000

It was an half-moon the number on the package is 67460. Nothing come up on the web site for that number.

I loaned mine to a friend. I will copy the package next week, and post it.

Steve

Comment

• thiggy
                  Established Member
                  • Sep 2003
                  • Alabama.
                  • Craftsman Contractor

I needed a replacement saw blade for the HF tool. A couple of months ago when I bought the tool, I purchased a set of three blades, so I had a replacement. All they sold then was the set of three, one saw, two scrapers. It seems like the cost then was about $10 for the set. Yesterday I went in to the store and was pleased to see that they now have a rather extensive selection of various types of blades. The offset saw blade I wanted was $7.99 each, or in the pack with two scrapers for $5.99!! Well now I have all these scraper blades that I will probably never use. (But the saw has really been handy for some interior trim work, as well as exterior siding.) My painters wore out the first two saw blades repairing some facia in preparation for their painting.
                  SOW YOUR WILD OATS ON SATURDAY NIGHT - - - THEN ON SUNDAY PRAY FOR CROP FAILURE!

Comment

• Big Daddy
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Apr 2004
                    • Wisconsin Rapids, WI USA
                    • BT3000

I have the new version with the pins. The "half moon" HF blade is very poor. The Bosch blades fit the new pinned HF tool very well and the Bosch Bi-metal blades are available at thr BORG. They handle trim nails very well.

Comment

• scmhogg
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2003
                      • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
                      • BT3000

This half moon is flat, not ofset like the one that comes with the tool.

Steve

Comment

Working...