• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mleichtle
    Established Member
    • Jan 2003
    • Cedarburg, Wi, USA.

Craftsman 12" BS, anyone got one?

With a good blade? I wonderin about blade wander, he. Does it rip straight?

I'm thinking of going tablesawless.

Please don't ban me.
    M. Leichtle
    Beer is proof that God exsists and wants us to be happy.
    Ben Franklin
  • vaking
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2005
    • Montclair, NJ, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100-1

I have a 12" Craftsman 1993 or about it band saw with tilting head. I like this saw - it does not accept a riser block but can rip 6" natively. With a good 1/2" blade and a home-made fence it rips quite well. I use Olson all-pro blade for ripping.
    Alex V

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

I've had the Rikon clone Craftsman 22400 for a couple of years now and have been happy with it. Blade wander is really a function of adjustments, blade tension, etc. I've ripped a few times with it with good success using Timberwolf blades, but the cut isn't comparable to my TS. The fence isn't great but the cast iron table is nice. It's no Minimax (or even a Griz G0555) but it works well and was well worth the sale price I got it for.

Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• tseavoy
        Established Member
        • May 2009
        • Nordland, Marrowstone Island, Washington
        • Older 9 inch Rockwell Delta (1960?)

My Craftsman bandsaw is a 50's (1950's) model and has square brass blade guides. If the guides are flat and the bandsaw is adjusted well, it will rip pretty good using a 3TPI half inch blade. My bandsaw blades have to be custom welded since a 78 inch blade is no longer made. I use Eastside Saw in Bellevue, Wa.

Tom on Marrowstone

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

I,ve done a lot of work on mine before I sold it last mo. Its really all in operator technique as far as I,m concerned,But yes it rips fine even with a 3/8 ths inch blade although a 1/2 inch blade would be better suited for that. I cut veneers as thin as 1/32 with mine.
          Last edited by tommyt654; 03-24-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Working...