• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steve_b
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2006
    • Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Router storage case.. Sears?

I have a Craftsman router (fixed & plunge base) and I see that when Sears sells it as a kit it comes in this nice plastic box - can I buy the box only? as it would make storage nice and easy for me. I looked at the store display and the molded in number on the box (252 038 1312.1) but looking at sears part web I don't find it - but then again I can't find my router either (model 320.24604 doesn't show either)
    I could always build one but I really don't need another project at this point.

Regards
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

While Sears does sell SOME plastic boxes separately, (four drawer socket holder, generic socket case), in most cases, you won't find a replacement plastic case, via Sears parts.

I would recommend checking Ebay.
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

You could go to a Sears store and check the number for the case and have them check it out. If you ordered a router with a case and it was damaged, they would be able to replace it I would think.

This isn't for a Craftsman, but shows what you might find what you want by searching. Try Ebay and Craigs List. There may even be some members here who throw those away and might just give one to you.

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
        • Dec 2006
        • hagerstown, md

I have a craftsman fixed/plunge combo with the box. I'm not bothered about using the box so if its this model you can have mine for postage. Model 17543

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...criptionAnchor
        パトリック
        daiku woodworking
        ^deshi^
        neoshed

Comment

• steve_b
          Forum Newbie
          • Apr 2006
          • Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Cabinet..
          I have looked around for a 'craftsman' case via google and sears parts, As for the router, I got mine 'lightly used' but no case...I am going to email sears parts and see what they have to say...

Silicon.. see PM

thanks

Comment

• newbie2wood
            Established Member
            • Apr 2004
            • NJ, USA.

IMO, molded cases are overprice if you buy them separately from the tools. If you can get one for free from siliconbauhaus, grab it. If you need something for storage and are not stacking something on top of it, consider a cloth tool bag. Ebay has Ridgid and Ryobi tool bags for half or a third of the price of a plastic case.
            ________
            Live sex
            Last edited by newbie2wood; 09-15-2011, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• crokett
              The Full Monte
              • Jan 2003
              • Mebane, NC, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000

If you can't find anything else, DeWalt sells (or used to) a metal storage box for a router. Yours might fit. I have one. It is pretty primitive - just a box with a bracket for the router. Bits, etc just sit on the bottom of the box, no molded plastic slots or anything.
              David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
                • Dec 2006
                • hagerstown, md

pm sent back mate
                パトリック
                daiku woodworking
                ^deshi^
                neoshed

Comment

Working...