Dust Filter System - JET afs-1000b

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Snap Marc
    Established Member
    • Sep 2004
    • 167
    • Atlanta, GA, USA.
    • Jet ProSHOP Full Cast Iron Hybrid

    #1

    Dust Filter System - JET afs-1000b

    I need a jet afs-1000b for my shop in a bad way. They retail for $329 and my local Rockler and Woodcraft offer 10% off. Big deal, I have 7% sales tax that almost cancels the discount.

    I see all over the web that people get them on sale for $189, $199, even $169 in some cases after rebates.

    I want that!

    Anyone know how I can get one of these for around $200? I'm choking on dust here! I'm mid way through building 20 shutter for my house. I;m making way too much dust and have nothing but a Shop Vac to control things.

    HELP!
    --
    Marc
    Roswell, GA

    \"You get what you pay for.\"
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • 7091
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

    #2
    Don't recall seeing anything recently on the AFS-1000 anywhere near your price point. About $320+ seems to be the going rate. Might you be thinking about the cheaper AFS-400? IIRC, Delta also has a similar unit that might be on the less expensive side.

    Comment

    • Hoover
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2003
      • 1273
      • USA.

      #3
      You used to be able to find one for $200, but that was a ways back in time. The prices on these have really gone up.
      Here in Washington state, the sales tax is 9%, so 10% off puts you back to the original price.
      No good deed goes unpunished

      Comment

      • TheChief
        Forum Newbie
        • Dec 2008
        • 85
        • Kentucky
        • Craftsman 21829

        #4
        When I was looking for mine the best price I found was $179.95, at this site:

        http://www.redmondmachinery.com/browse.cfm/4,1098.html

        ... but they never seem to actually have them in stock. At least not in the three months I've checked.

        The best real-world price I found was at Woodcraft in May when they had them for $279 with free shipping. I just picked it up locally as the hit for sales tax was worth it to me to get it more quickly.

        Had it been in stock anywhere I probably would have gone for the Steel City Deluxe 3-Speed air filter (which was $259 on Woodcraft.com but wouldn't ship for a month from my need). Now it appears to be on back order just about everywhere. It's hard to find reviews for this but other than details minor to me it would have fit the bill nicely.

        Keep looking and good luck.
        TheChief
        "You emptied the dust collector? Dude... some of my best work was in there!"

        Comment

        • Bill Anderson
          Forum Newbie
          • Dec 2007
          • 49

          #5
          Woodcraft just had Jet 1000 air filter on sale for $269 w/free shipping. Watch for another sale, and be ready to buy.

          Keep checking the "Deal Alert" (or similar) sections of the WWing forums. I was in my local tool stor the other day, and they had the Jet for $309, and with a 10% sale, would put it in the $275 range.

          But you could just go ahead and get w/ 10% coupon from WC or Rockler, as your lungs are worth it.

          I have a Jet 1000 in the shop and I wouldn't be without one. It really takes the dust out of the air, and saves me from breathing all of that stuff.

          Good Luck, Bill

          Just checked what I paid. In 1/08 I paid $194-$25 mail in rebate= $169. I haven't seen them at that price since. If I do, I will post it for you.
          Last edited by Bill Anderson; 06-14-2009, 01:36 PM.

          Comment

          • Snap Marc
            Established Member
            • Sep 2004
            • 167
            • Atlanta, GA, USA.
            • Jet ProSHOP Full Cast Iron Hybrid

            #6
            Interesting that JETs price is what it is when they used to sell for so much less. I wonder what cost is?

            Anyone know anything about the G0572 from Grizzly? Seems powerful and very comparable to the JET model.
            http://www.grizzly.com/products/Hang...w-Remote/G0572

            or this seems beefy for still a few dollars less.

            http://www.grizzly.com/products/Remo...r-Filter/G9956
            --
            Marc
            Roswell, GA

            \"You get what you pay for.\"

            Comment

            • Hoover
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2003
              • 1273
              • USA.

              #7
              Jet is imported from Taiwan, with our dollar being worth less, it takes more dollars to buy the same item. That's why in 2001 to 2003 this item cost less than now.
              No good deed goes unpunished

              Comment

              Working...