• Show
Clear All
  • jon_ramp
    Established Member
    • Feb 2007
    • western Chicago burb
    • Craftsman 21829

Powermatic model 43 bandsaw vs Grizzly G055

I’m in the market for a used bandsaw. Having a hard time finding anything info on this Powermatic model on the web, anyone know anything about it? There's also a listing for a Grizzly GO555 about as far away from me. Your thoughts are appreciated.
  • cgallery
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

I saw the ad for the Powermatic. If I were closer I'd be on that like white on rice. Wasn't it listed for $300? No, you can't put a riser on it (welded steel frame). But, it was a 7-1/2" resaw (which I really think is plenty) and is a Powermatic.

Comment

• poolhound
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • Phoenix, AZ
      • BT3100

a lot of folks have been very happy with the griz 055 and it will take a riser if resaw capacity is an issue. When I was in the market last year it was on my list but in the end as I decided I was only ever going to buy one I treated myself to a new Powermatic PWBS-14 with riser. I got a great deal before the 08 price rises. I think I was out the door for less than $1000 inlcuding the PM HD mobile base.

Its usually difficult to go wrong buying a PM tool, even older ones. I would go and see them and do the usual checks on condition and pay attention to the wheels and guides.

If the PM is the one I just saw for $250 you may want to jump on if the condition is good as at that price it wont last long.
      Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
      techzibits.com

Comment

Working...