Detail Biscuit Jointer

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • OpaDC
    Established Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 393
    • Pensacola, FL
    • Ridgid TS3650

    #1

    Detail Biscuit Jointer

    Anyone ever use one of these or have any thoughts on it?

    Craftsman 3.5 amp Detail Biscuit Jointer
    _____________
    Opa

    second star to the right and straight on til morning
  • Turaj
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • 1019
    • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    • BT3000 (1998)

    #2
    I have the Ryobi version of it for several years now (they stop selling it under Ryobi brand but it is still available as Craftsman). I have had no problem with it. It is easy to set up and great for small projects (e.g. picture frames) but it will not do the job of the its bigger brothers! (one of the reason why people go for PC with two blades).

    One last thing, make sure your sears still carry the right size biscuits for it as these are not the same as "FF" sizes used with PC (never tried it). Let me know if you have any other question.
    Turaj (in Toronto)
    "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

    Comment

    • jhart
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2004
      • 1715
      • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
      • BT3100

      #3
      Also have the Ryobi version and have used it a few times with good success on smaller projects. For $30 I would probably buy it if I didn't have any type of biscuit joiner. Doesn't do much for larger projects as was mentioned.
      Joe
      "All things are difficult before they are easy"

      Comment

      • SARGE..g-47

        #4
        As far as the availability of the right size biscuits as Turaz mentioned.. I simply make my own for my PC on the rare occasion (almost never really but the FF is good for small picture frames) I do use it. I find biscuits too small which allows slop and in-consistent in size. Just my angle and observations.

        Comment

        • phrog
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2005
          • 1796
          • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

          #5
          I also have the Ryobi version and have used it a number of times. It works great for small projects and I have also used a number of times on larger projects to help me line parts up for gluing. I haven't bought any biscuits for a while but the last time I bought some I could only find them at Sears.
          Richard
          Richard

          Comment

          • Mr__Bill
            Veteran Member
            • May 2007
            • 2096
            • Tacoma, WA
            • BT3000

            #6
            I use a slot cutter in the router and biscuits from MLCS. It was much less expensive and with the router in the table it's very easy to control. This way does ofcourse make for another setup and a slot in the middle of a face is rather hard to do The little biscuits from MLCS may be the size you need for the detail Biscuit Jointer.


            Bill

            Comment

            • OpaDC
              Established Member
              • Feb 2008
              • 393
              • Pensacola, FL
              • Ridgid TS3650

              #7
              Thanks all for the info.
              _____________
              Opa

              second star to the right and straight on til morning

              Comment

              Working...