X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kaetamer
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2008

A little late to the party...

I've been planning to buy a bandsaw for some time and finally decided to pull the trigger on a Grizzly g0555 14". Thought I'd wait for the new year to see how finances would go and they increased the price by ~$75. Rats.

Turns out, it's been common knowledge a price increase was coming for the new year. Too bad I only discovered that fact IN the new year!

Rats!

Late to the party again.
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Originally posted by kaetamer
    I've been planning to buy a bandsaw for some time and finally decided to pull the trigger on a Grizzly g0555 14". Thought I'd wait for the new year to see how finances would go and they increased the price by ~$75. Rats.

Turns out, it's been common knowledge a price increase was coming for the new year. Too bad I only discovered that fact IN the new year!

Rats!

Late to the party again.

Have you heard the saying "You snooze, you lose". But, have faith and maybe be patient. With the economy the way it is, they may just lower the price.

Comment

• gsmittle
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2004
      • St. Louis, MO, USA.
      • BT 3100

It's OK. I'm an expert at buying stuff that gets discontinued within a week, or the company goes out of business, etc. I must have "orphan radar."

$75 isn't that big an increase, and it's a really good saw. By the time you buy and trick out a HF bandsaw, you're pretty close to the price of a stock G0555.

g.
      Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
      Bill & Ted

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

There were substantial increases in a lot of woodworking tools at about the same time last year, and the year before, also. I think it's kind of a pattern that way.

Comment

• L. D. Jeffries
          • Dec 2005
          • Russell, NY, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

I got my Griz 14" bandsaw last summer. It's a great saw for its price range, especially the blade tension release feature as well as the ballbearing blade guides. Hope you can manage one, you'll love it. Worth the extra 75 bucks!
          RuffSawn
          Nothin' smells better than fresh sawdust!

Comment

Working...