• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mclear6
    Established Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Northern NJ

Cost of Batteries?

I was just web searching to see what the cost of a 3rd party maker of a ryobi 18 v NiCad battery was. I was shocked to see that everyone was selling a 18V batteries for more than you can buy ryobi ones at HD ($50 or $80 for one battery). What is the purpose of this??? You would think that they would be cheaper. I know that the new lithium batteries are the way to go, but it didn't make any business sense to put out a knock off battery that costs more than original?

On a second note, I just got a flier for K-mart, they are selling a drill 19.2 V drill, flashlight, battery, and charger for 39.99. Sears sells a replacement battery for 34.99, so for $5 more, I can get an extra charger, a back up drill (its not the good drill), and a flashlight.
  • Holbren
    • Oct 2004
    • Heathrow, FL.

I just looked at a catalog I had for one of the makers of aftermarket batteries just curious to see what wholesale price was compared to what you are seeing. Well, they don't even sell the Ryobi replacements probably for the reasons you mentioned, doesn't make sense if they're more than the originals.
    Brian
    Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
    "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
    www.holbren.com

Comment

• Hoover
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2003
      • USA.

One rebuilder is selling rebuilt 18 volt batteries for $42.00. No brands were mentioned.

I know that Ryobi 18v batteries are about $30. new, and a 2 pack $47. These are the regular batteries.
      No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

• just started
        • Mar 2008
        • suburban Philly

I wish someone would market a Li-Ion replacement at a more reasonable price.

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

Ryobi Battery

Home Depot has a deal this weekend for a 4 piece Ryobi 18 volt kit for $59 when I had a friend p/u one for me He said the gave him a coupon for a extra 18+ tool. The list of tools is long I got the Laser guided Jigsaw and He got the Lithium battery for free. Check out Slickdeals.net for more info in thr tools section. Use the True Value $5 of $25 coupon and out the door you get the 18v Saw, Drill . Flashlight,Vac, and i other Ryobi 18+1 tool for $60 only good till Sun.

Comment

Working...