• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luckbox
    Established Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Holly Springs, NC

RIGID REFURBISHED 120V 6.0AMP Laminate Trimmer

Is this a good deal RIGID REFURBISHED 120V 6.0AMP Laminate Trimmer Model ZRR2400 $49.99/Each . I saw this on the Home Depot site and was wondering what you all thought. I would like a smaller router for when I am trimming either laminate or a wood banding on a plywood edge. Had looked at the colt and the mcls trimmer.
    Last edited by Luckbox; 07-12-2008, 02:42 PM.
    I love lamp.
  • jonmulzer
    • Dec 2007
    • Indianapolis, IN

My opinion after playing around with it at the BORG, I thought the base was junk. It just did not seem like it would hold well to me. The Colt is the king of trim routers and after you handle one it makes all the others seem cheap. But, it is twice the price.......
    "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• mpc
      • Feb 2005
      • Cypress, CA, USA.
      • BT3000 orig 13amp model

The Rockler in Orange, California, is clearancing the Freud T3 Trend router - a smaller plunge router for 1/4inch bits for $50. Not a Colt but maybe worth looking at. I don't know if this clearance sale is nationwide or not.

They had a few on outside tables during this morning's swap meet too.

mpc

Comment

• garymuto
        Established Member
        • Aug 2007
        • Encinitas, CA
        • Delta Cabinet Saw

I read that Rockler also has $20 off if you spend $100 AND use PayPal.

Comment

• Stytooner
          Roll Tide RIP Lee
          • Dec 2002
          • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
          • BT3100

I use the little Ridgid all the time to route Lexan. The base is acually very nice and holds up well for me. I like the fit in my hand as well. VS is nice. It is strong and has soft start. It's the best little trimmer I have ever used and I've used the PC and burned up the Dewalt. I need another one of these to mount on my CNC mill for a high speed spindle when I cut aluminum. This little Ridgid without the base will be perfect. Thanks for the heads up on this.
          Lee

Comment

• Popeye
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2003
            • Woodbine, Ga
            • Grizzly 1023SL

If I had it to do all over again and paying full price I'd go with the Colt. That said, I've had the Ridgid for three years and it's worked great. Any handheld work I do, I do with this little critter if I can vice using a full size router. Pat
            Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

Working...