• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Ryobi Batteries

Swung by HD on the way home yesterday to pick up some screws and on the way to the register walked by one of the Ryobi cordless displays. They now have the 18V LiIon battery available alone for $89. The only way to get them before was in a tool kit or to buy a battery and charger for $119.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • pacwind3
    Established Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Vancouver, WA
    • Bosch 4100

I have the kit that had the drill, flashlight and two batteries. Let's just say, I have no intention of using the Ni-cad batteries anymore. They sit there on a shelf unused.

Comment

• poolhound
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • Phoenix, AZ
      • BT3100

I am not sure the old chargers can be used with the lithium ones.

FYI in an earlier thread the curent HD offer is discussed. Buy a starter kit and get the lithium battery and charger free with instnt rebate. The starter kit is $105 and you get the $199 battery and charger free.

A number of us did this and then sold on the unopened starter kit on CL.
      Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
      techzibits.com

Comment

• maxparot
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
        • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

The old chargers can not be used. I've seen a single battery and charger at my local HD for $119.
        At $89 for a single battery it doesn't look like I'll be upgrading any time soon.
        It's a shame because I have 7 tools that could use it and I'm sure at the right time I'd buy more but the fact is that I already have the tools that are in all the kits.
        Opinions are like gas;
        I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

• poolhound
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2006
          • Phoenix, AZ
          • BT3100

Originally posted by maxparot
          The old chargers can not be used. I've seen a single battery and charger at my local HD for $119.
          At $89 for a single battery it doesn't look like I'll be upgrading any time soon.
          It's a shame because I have 7 tools that could use it and I'm sure at the right time I'd buy more but the fact is that I already have the tools that are in all the kits.
          As has been discussed in the thread below if you want to take advantage of HDs current offer and then sell on the kit you can get into Lithium for not that much.

I did this on Tuesday i.e bought the kit for $105, got the lithium upgrade free and then posted the unopened kit on CL for $95. It was sold on Wednesday morning so I ended up gettting the upgrade for around $20.

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread...=lithium+ryobi
          Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
          techzibits.com

Comment

• maxparot
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
            • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

Originally posted by poolhound
            As has been discussed in the thread below if you want to take advantage of HDs current offer and then sell on the kit you can get into Lithium for not that much.

I did this on Tuesday i.e bought the kit for $105, got the lithium upgrade free and then posted the unopened kit on CL for $95. It was sold on Wednesday morning so I ended up gettting the upgrade for around $20.

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread...=lithium+ryobi
            I took advantage of HD a bit better and didn't need to deal with Ebay.

Purchased the starter kit for $109 with the lithium upgrade kit for free.
            I took it out to my car threw the upgrade kit in the trunk and walked back in with the Starter kit. I returned the new Starter kit without my reciept for $90 in store credit, taking a $19 loss but keeping the upgrade kit. I proceeded to the next BORG where is used the store credit to do the same thing a second time. So I have 2 Lithium batteries and 2 chargers for a total of $38 and a Store credit for the balance which I'll have no problem using at a later date.

I know, I'm Evil
            Opinions are like gas;
            I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

Working...