• Show
Clear All
  • footprintsinconc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
    • BT3100

Suggestion/Advice needed : Delta 17-900 Drill Press

Someone on CL locally is offering it for $225 and am interested in buying it. I need some advice on how much to pay for it. The guy says its four years old and rarely used. its a 3/4HP and has no light and laser. this is going to be my first and last for a while (unless money falls out of the sky) drill press.

from my research back in 2007, google search showed a few threads where people bought this model for around $130.

so, i was think of offering $100, is that reasonable? has some here bought one these and what did you pay for it?

what are comments/reviews/thoughts on the drill press?

thanks!
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

Discontinued model... Regular price on Amazon.com was $380. Factory recons found on the net for about $300. Sounds like your offer of $100 might be low, but what've you got to lose? This unit definitely has the cahones to do most of what you'd want. My BIL had one till his house was flooded, and he liked it. You will definitely want to get a light for easy viewing. HF sells magnetic-base units really cheap. The laser is a luxury you can do without.

Comment

• poolhound
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • Phoenix, AZ
      • BT3100

I would agree that $100 seems rather lowball but its always worth a try. I have laser guides on my DP but they are not really worth the hassle.
      Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
      techzibits.com

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

$100 is probably on the low side, but you never know....they might take it. If you look around, I don't think you'll find more DP than that in the $200 range, though one of the HF units might hang in there feature wise. You might try offering $150-$175 if they balk on the $100 offer.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Working...