• Show
Clear All
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

Powermatic cust service - WOW

I recently got a new PM bandsaw. Everything was great but there were a couple of minor issues so I contacted customer service.

One of the items I had called about was the swivel caster on the mobile base which would not seem to lock properly. It wasnt an earth shattering issue but this was brand new and lots of my hard earned $$s so thats why I called.

Once they had my serial number there was no problem and they promptly sent me the replacement bits. 5 days later the UPS truck rolls up and there is a huge box. Well it turns out they sent me a whole brand new mobile base. I emailed PM and asked if they wanted me to send the old one back and I just got a reply from them saying there is no need just keep them

Now thats customer service
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com
  • RAFlorida
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2008
    • Green Swamp in Central Florida. Gator property!
    • Ryobi BT3000

WOW is right!

If only all companies had customer service as PM does. I am happy that you came out like a bandit

Comment

• BobSch
      • Aug 2004
      • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
      • BT3100

And that, boys and girls, is one of the reasons people are willing to pay the premium for PW tools. Good products + great customer service will always be a winning combination.
      Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• jussi
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007

Which model did u get?
        I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• poolhound
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2006
          • Phoenix, AZ
          • BT3100

Originally posted by jussi
          Which model did u get?
          The PWBS-14 with riser and mobile base

http://www.powermatic.com/Products.aspx?Part=1791216K
          Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
          techzibits.com

Comment

• LarryG
            The Full Monte
            • May 2004
            • Off The Back
            • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

I also had a very good experience with Powermatic customer service (actually, I think the same personnel serve all of the WMH Tool Group). When I bought my PM2000, there were two minor issues with the fence. Neither was a big deal, but it was the exactly that kind of $20 problem that some companies will give you $500 worth of arguments and evasion over, rather than taking the direct and expedient course of making it right.

I e-mailed Powermatic to report the problem, and received a reply in less than ten minutes that asked but two simple questions: what's your saw's serial number, and which size fence do you have? Three days later I had the parts in hand; problem solved.
            Larry

Comment

• drumpriest
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2004
              • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
              • Powermatic PM 2000

My experience was also good, but slightly different. I had an issue with my fence on my pm2000, and instead of sending me a new fence, they had me slightly modify mine to accept a new slide pad. The reason is that I got an early pm2000, and I have the pm66 fence, which is supposedly a better fence, so they gave me parts to make it work.
              Keith Z. Leonard
              Go Steelers!

Comment

• Schleeper
                Established Member
                • Feb 2008

"Every company screws up from time to time, but you know what separates the great companies from the rest of the pack? They are superior when it comes to fixing their goofs. They almost seem happy when someone brings them a problem, because it gives them a chance to prove how much better they are. After your problem has been solved, you can't help but sing their praises." - Excerpt from my rant on this forum regarding the company, Reconditioned Sales.

I rest my case.

[I'd love to give you an update, but I haven't seen or heard another word from them since Saturday, when they told me to "stay wired for an email containing the RMA shipping label."]
                "I know it when I see it." (Justice Potter Stewart)

Comment

• Tom Slick
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2005
                  • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
                  • sears BT3 clone

There are usually certain benefits that are gained by paying a premium, customer service is one for them.

slightly OT:
                  I just went through customer service in one of my management classes. in general, people are happier with poor service that is quickly remedied then mediocre/average service that they have no issue with. They feel like the company goes the extra mile for their customers even though they were inconvenienced.

an example is a waiter that goes out of his way when he finds out you don't like something in the meal. after that service you will probably come back. if the meal had been mediocre then you might not come back even though your food was ok.
                  Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

Working...