• Show
Clear All
  • footprintsinconc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
    • BT3100

Jon,

did you get a chance try out the blade? how was it?

regards,

Comment

• footprintsinconc
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2006
      • BT3100

Iturra Design - Bandsaw Blades

i am just posting the phone numbers of ittura agian, just so that its a little easier to find next time:

Iturra Design
      4636 Fulton Rd
      Jacksonville, FL 32225

866-883-8064
      904-642-2802
      904-371-3998 office

Comment

• poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

Originally posted by footprintsinconc
        Jon,

did you get a chance try out the blade? how was it?

regards,
        I did try it and it cut very nicely. Other things have gotten in the way (dont they always) so I havent had a chance to really put it through its paces yet. I am sure I wont be dissapointed.
        Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
        techzibits.com

Comment

• sweensdv
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • WI
          • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Originally posted by footprintsinconc
          i am just posting the phone numbers of ittura agian, just so that its a little easier to find next time:

Iturra Design
          4636 Fulton Rd
          Jacksonville, FL 32225

866-883-8064
          904-642-2802
          904-371-3998 office
          I called Iturra over 2 weeks ago and requested one of their catalogs. To date, it hasn't showed up yet. Do you know if that's a normal lead time or not?

Comment

• footprintsinconc
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2006
            • BT3100

i just ordered the catalog just now, so when it comes in, i will let you know who long it took.

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Originally posted by sweensdv
              I called Iturra over 2 weeks ago and requested one of their catalogs. To date, it hasn't showed up yet. Do you know if that's a normal lead time or not?
              Dave and Omar...

The catalog from Iturra is not one of Jesse's strong points. I have seen it take a year to get in the past.. but you can always just call as he is a wealth of information and a pleasure to talk to IMO.. So... if you don't get it soon it isn't because he has forgotten you. If you call... he takes care of business right away.

BTW... I used 1/2" Woodslicers for years and I believe the 1/2 WS Loring mentioned is one I sent him at no charge. In return he sent me a gift of a height gauge he builds. But.. on my current 18" Steel City, I run a Lennox bi-metal in 3/4" for re-saw and ripping thick stock. The 3/4" bi-metal or a carbide that wide does require a bit more beam strengh than most 14" BS springs will tolerate.

So... the 1/2" or 3/4" WS is a good ride on a 14" saw as re-saw blades go.

Good luck guys...

Comment

• poolhound
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2006
                • Phoenix, AZ
                • BT3100

Originally posted by SARGE..g-47
                Dave and Omar...

The catalog from Iturra is not one of Jesse's strong points. I have seen it take a year to get in the past..

The 3/4" bi-metal or a carbide that wide does require a bit more beam strengh than most 14" BS springs will tolerate.

So... the 1/2" or 3/4" WS is a good ride on a 14" saw as re-saw blades go.

Good luck guys...
                I ordered a catalogue alongside my blade order so they both came within 5 days.

Re - the 3/4" blade issue after a long (and interesting discussion with Lou) he explained that it is not only the blade width but the thickness of the material that can cause tensioning issues. his blades use thinner material and he said no problem tensioning on a good 14" saw.
                Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                  The Full Monte
                  • May 2007
                  • Sunshine State
                  • BT3000

Iturra only prints their catalog once a year, so when they're gone, the wait begins...

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2006
                    • BT3100

ok, i got the blade in 6 days instead of the upto 9 days that i was told. i placed my order around 12 noon florida time and he said that they would have it in the mail the same day.

i got the catalogue at the same time. i should ordered some cool blocks at the same time, but didnt think of it!

just tried the blade last night, and wow! i only resawed 2x4 x 18" long for trying purposes. i am surprised. it cut it up real fast. i even did a slice that was about 3/16" thick free hand. the cut is almost clean. i did this all free hand, so no fence. the cut way ever so slightly wavy, that was because my hand was moving. the cut surface needs to be resurfaced to get a smooth finsih, but that could be different if you have a bigger and better band saw (i am guessing).

all in all, i am real happy so far. i will find out for sure this weekend hopefully what i resaw some wood for my project!

Comment

• poolhound
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2006
                      • Phoenix, AZ
                      • BT3100

I finally managed to get my Iturra Blade Runner (3/4"), his version of the WoodSlicer on my saw today.

All I can say is WOW!!

I tried various things and even managed to get a 1/32 slice from a piece of 8" oak with ease. Thats the hardest wood I have tried so far but judging by the way it cut through it like butter I cant imagine that anything harder will be too much of a problem.
                      Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• drumpriest
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2004
                        • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
                        • Powermatic PM 2000

Excellent! It's just a great blade. I will comment on this, the hardness of the wood isn't a direct determinate on difficultly resawing Oak resaws fairly well, open pore wood. Maple is more difficult to cut, and purpleheart is perhaps the worst that I've tried so far. Lignum vitae cut smoother than the purpleheart. Only problem with the Lignum is that it won't stay flat as veneer, and it's about impossible to tame, it's so crazy dense.

Glad to hear that you're happy with the blade though.
                        Keith Z. Leonard
                        Go Steelers!

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                          The Full Monte
                          • May 2007
                          • Sunshine State
                          • BT3000

Love the Iturra blades! Amazing how much business he gets with just word-of-mouth... But it will sure be nice when they get that website up (that they been working on since Moses was a pup...).

Comment

• poolhound
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2006
                            • Phoenix, AZ
                            • BT3100

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
                            Love the Iturra blades! Amazing how much business he gets with just word-of-mouth... But it will sure be nice when they get that website up (that they been working on since Moses was a pup...).
                            It does seem strange that its taken so long. Unless they have so much business they dont want any more you would think that as soon as they have a website even more folks will find them and be amazed at what a great blade can do.
                            Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                              The Full Monte
                              • May 2007
                              • Sunshine State
                              • BT3000

Some folks just like doing business the old-fashioned way, I guess. I know there's only a couple of people there, and maybe he just doesn't want the aggravation that comes from growth. I can understand that, as I much prefer my one-man business to those larger ones from before.

Comment

Working...