Worx Bladerunner

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • annunaki
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 610
    • White Springs, Florida
    • 21829, BT3100, 2-BT3000(15amp)

    #1

    Worx Bladerunner

    It was delivered today- Sat.
    The left side of the shoe has a grove in the underside of the shoe plate.
    Anyone know what this is supposed to fit?
    Also the left side of shoe plate has two black plastic/nylon (?) inserts with slots but no explanation in the booklet what either is for.
    Also I have heard some mention of a dust chute/collector and although there are screw holes, again , no mention in the booklet re any attachments/accessories.
    Anyone have additional knowledge about these?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileodecahedron.gif
  • annunaki
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 610
    • White Springs, Florida
    • 21829, BT3100, 2-BT3000(15amp)

    #2
    PS Worx Bladerunner

    I paid $44.88 w /no shipping fees.
    Came in a nice plastic case.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileodecahedron.gif

    Comment

    • Uncle Hook
      Established Member
      • Apr 2005
      • 314
      • Mountain Lakes, New Jersey, USA.

      #3
      I just bought this saw too. I am very impressed with it.

      Originally posted by annunaki
      The left side of the shoe has a grove in the underside of the shoe plate. Anyone know what this is supposed to fit?
      Not sure, but it looks like it might be used for running the saw along a track, or to attach the saw to fixture that would run along a sawboard.

      Originally posted by annunaki
      Also the left side of shoe plate has two black plastic/nylon (?) inserts with slots but no explanation in the booklet what either is for.
      Possibly used to attach a track to the saw so that the saw could be run in grove.


      Originally posted by annunaki
      Also I have heard some mention of a dust chute/collector and although there are screw holes, again , no mention in the booklet re any attachments/accessories.
      Anyone have additional knowledge about these?
      I found this link for ordering the dust chute and a few other spare parts.

      http://worx.fox-international.com/pr...etail.asp?id=4

      Comment

      • annunaki
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 610
        • White Springs, Florida
        • 21829, BT3100, 2-BT3000(15amp)

        #4
        Uncle Hook

        Thank you.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileodecahedron.gif

        Comment

        • LinuxRandal
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2005
          • 4890
          • Independence, MO, USA.
          • bt3100

          #5
          First the sold it without the dust chute, then they started selling it with (and sending them out under warranty/missing pieces). Then they started selling the dust chute, but last I heard on it, it was on major backorder (this could be in part to Milwaukee tools suing them over the tilt lock handle).

          As for the groove, I would need to see a picture of it. What is its width? It is I believe setup for a Euro guiderail (Festool), or maybe (don't remember) the EZ Smart Guide rail.
          She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

          Comment

          • annunaki
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2008
            • 610
            • White Springs, Florida
            • 21829, BT3100, 2-BT3000(15amp)

            #6
            Update- also posted elsewhere

            Yesterday, I called them up to ask why no Dust Collector was listed in their owners manual, yet there is one and mounting holes exist.
            I also inquired about the foot plate grove and the two black inserts alongside.

            I got a follow up Email today-

            I have information from our product manager in China regarding the base of the Bladerunner we discussed yesterday. The channel was placed in the base to work with a Worx guide rail system. This guide rail is being tested and still under development. I do not have an ETA for it at this time. The two black blocks are intended to allow for adjusting the clearance between the rail and the base.

            Possibly the Festool FS1400 guide or a Bosch guide will work with the saw, but there is no engineer’s verification of it. In the meantime, we will arrange your vacuum adapter as soon as possible. Thanks sincerely for your inquiry.
            Edit/Delete Message
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileodecahedron.gif

            Comment

            • annunaki
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 610
              • White Springs, Florida
              • 21829, BT3100, 2-BT3000(15amp)

              #7
              Dust Collector

              Got it free in today's mail
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileodecahedron.gif

              Comment

              Working...