LOML says I should gloat...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • goslin23
    Established Member
    • Feb 2007
    • 233
    • Richmond, TX
    • Rigid TS3650

    #1

    LOML says I should gloat...

    So, the MIL and SIL were in town over the weekend and we went to Traders Village (a flea market here in Houston). There are always tool booths set up and they mostly resell HF type of stuff. But this time I got fairly lucky at the non-tool booths! I managed to find a nice little Porter Cable drill bit set with all the parts and even the manual for $10.. a good score. I grabbed a couple of long Craftsman screw drivers for $4 and picked up a off brand Dovetail saw for $2.

    But that's not really why I'm gloating. As the ladies were looking at their usual flea market fair, I noticed a booth with a big tool box so I figured I go take a peek. He wanted more than I had for the tool box (It was full of quality tools like C-man, Snap-On & Mac wrenches, socket sets, screw drivers and such.) I was just about to leave when I noticed a Craftsman tool bag on the table around the side, low and behold it was a set of the 19.2V cordless tools. I already own the drill/driver set but I wanted a couple other things and there they were. The guy asked for $75 for the set, I had that, but offered him $64 and he took it!

    I got another drill, a florescent light, little vacuum, a jig saw, the trim saw (which is what I really wanted), 2 batteries (one was shot, but got it replaced for free already) and the carrying bag. The kit came with the little corner sander originally but it was missing. I'll probably never use the vac or the light but I'm sure I'll get use out of the saws and drill. A pretty good find IMHO.

    I also might as well gloat on the Shop Vac I picked up at Big Lots for $34.. 16 gal, 6 HP. Registered it at the Shop Vac website and they sent me the missing parts. I've had a decent month with the tool finds. Now I just got to go out there and use them

    I know, no pics.. didn't happen...

    Here they are.
    Attached Files
    If it ain't one thing... It's 12 @#$%ing things!
  • gad5264
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • 1407
    • Columbus, Ohio, USA
    • BT3000/BT3100NIB

    #2
    LOYL was right, you did good
    Grant
    "GO Buckeyes"

    My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264

    Comment

    • jhart
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2004
      • 1715
      • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
      • BT3100

      #3
      Good scores. Good gloat
      Joe
      "All things are difficult before they are easy"

      Comment

      • Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • 7091
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

        #4
        Definitely gloat-worthy...

        Comment

        • Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • 3815
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

          #5
          You did great! I've got that drill, impact driver, and flashlight. All work well and I'm especially happy with the impact driver and light. I'm getting great life from the NiCad batteries so far, but Sears is now offering Lithiom Ion batteries for this C3 platform....I'll be on that as soon as I see a crazy bargain that's too good to pass up!

          These are made by Ryobi AFAIK.
          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

          Comment

          • jonmulzer
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2007
            • 946
            • Indianapolis, IN

            #6
            The trim saws work wonderfully. I have the 4 piece set with the trim saw, reciprocating saw, drill and light and love it. I also picked up two extra batteries and a dual port charger so now I never break out the corded tools at all. The trim saw comes in real handy for cuts that are too large for a table saw. It is exactly a 4" offset from the blade to the long side of the baseplate. If you need to cut at 36" just mark 32" and clamp a straightedge on and it is dead on. I love it when the math works out easy like that.
            "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

            Comment

            • goslin23
              Established Member
              • Feb 2007
              • 233
              • Richmond, TX
              • Rigid TS3650

              #7
              Originally posted by Dustmight
              You did great! I've got that drill, impact driver, and flashlight. All work well and I'm especially happy with the impact driver and light. I'm getting great life from the NiCad batteries so far, but Sears is now offering Lithiom Ion batteries for this C3 platform....I'll be on that as soon as I see a crazy bargain that's too good to pass up!

              These are made by Ryobi AFAIK.
              I love the impact driver. I never tried one until I got the set, I'm kicking myself for not getting one earlier! I've had good luck with the NiCads so far and the Lithium Ion ones look promising when these die. I've got 4 battery packs now for the set and the LOML says I should grab another charger... what a gal!
              If it ain't one thing... It's 12 @#$%ing things!

              Comment

              Working...