Clear All
  • buckeye95
    Established Member
    • May 2003
    • Columbus, Ohio.
    • Ridgid TS2400

HF 1/2" Wide Crown Stapler - Staple Availability

All,

Was in HF last week and they had a coupon for a 1/2" wide crown stapler for $10 (item # 46365). I was thinking of buying it (sale starts 3/13) and I read some good reviews on here, but am wondering about staple availability.

Online it states the stapler is 1/2" crown and handles 20 AWG staples from 3/8 - 5/8". Weird thing is that I cannot find these staples anywhere except HF. It seems that 7/16" is considered more standard for wide-crown, so the 1/2" variety do not seem to be available from Senco, PC, or Hitachi. The ones that are 1/2" crown seem to use 16 AWG staples instead of 20 AWG.

If I get this, am I locked into the staples sold by HF only? Any owners of this tool have some insight?

Regards,

Pete
  • ryan.s
    • Feb 2006
    • So Cal
    • Ridgid TS3650

I have the 1/2" crown stapler but haven't used it too much. I bought a box of 1/2" staples when I bought the gun. I did a quick search on google and 20gauge 1/2" crown staples are available at places other than HF. Duofast, Palmgren, Bostitch and Senco seem to have guns that use the same size.

http://www.toolbarn.com/product/duof...016C/?ref=base
    http://www.acetoolonline.com/Senco-F...en-f08baap.htm

Comment

• skipwill
      Established Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Columbia, SC, USA.

I have that one...and...bought a couple of boxes of different size staples. There are so many in a box that I dont think i will ever run out<g>
      Skip
      www.ShopFileR.com

Comment

• sweensdv
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • WI
        • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Not that long ago I purchased that stapler along with a box of staples from HF. When I got it home, the staples would jam in the stapler after only shooting one staple. I was uncertain if it was the staples or the stapler so I returned both and exchanged the stapler for another one. Then I went to Menards and bought a box of SureBonder No. 5 &#189;" wide crown staples Model #44012 and they work just fine in the #46365. The clerk at Menards insisted that they wouldn't work in a pneumatic gun............

Comment

• buckeye95
          Established Member
          • May 2003
          • Columbus, Ohio.
          • Ridgid TS2400

Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Pete

Comment

Working...