• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Minor CL Gloat

After work yesterday I picked up one of the workbenchs that they sell at Sam's for $199. It was listed for $99, handed him 5 $20's and he helped me put it in the truck. I figure the top is worth that.

Broke it down and stored it for now. Already thinking of mods. Tool tray on one side and mounting the 2 Record 7" vises I got during the infamous Big Lots frenzy! The steel stand is sturdy and it should be easy to add cabinets underneath.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Hey, a picture would be nice. BTW, if it was $99.00, and you handed over five 20's, does that mean you tipped $1.00.

Comment

• mater
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • SC, USA.

I have seen those benches and that is a good price on one. A great deal like that deserved a big tip.
      Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• JoeyGee
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • Sylvania, OH, USA.
        • BT3100-1

Originally posted by cabinetman
        Hey, a picture would be nice. BTW, if it was $99.00, and you handed over five 20's, does that mean you tipped $1.00.
        ...and no tax? Did you pick it up in the front of the store, or from the back?
        Joe

Comment

• steve-norrell
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2006
          • The Great Land - Alaska
          • BT3100-1

Originally posted by Pappy
          I figure the top is worth that.

The steel stand is sturdy and it should be easy to add cabinets underneath.
          If these are the metal workbenches with the heavy wood top, it was, indeed, worthy of a gloat. The 'roll-around' matching cabinets are also pretty nice and are designed to fit neatly under the workbench.

I have two benches and four cabinets (older versions of the ones in the store now) and am completely satisfied with them.

Regards, Steve

Comment

Working...