• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

"Wood" Saw Blade Test Null and Void

Wood magazine online has announced that the review of 10" saw blades published in the December/January issue is null and void because of problem arrising from the sled that was created to level the field.

The test was redone and the new results are available on line.

Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

It's nice to see that they stepped up and admitted that their test was flawed. I didn't see the original article, did the new results change drastically from the originals?

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • York, PA, USA.

I think it is decent of them to step up on this one and I commend them for same. Having said that I am finding Wood to be more and more worthless each month. Marginal projects, hokey tips and jigs, heavy advertising all seem to reduce the value quite a bit. Heck in the last couple months I can't remember taking away a single useful item from the mag. Now I understand this is theoretically a more introductory magazine, but they really need to step up on the projects. Project can be simple and skill building as well as functional and aesthetically pleasing. Heck I found Family Handyman to be more useful!

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

Agree on what you said Jeff. I had been buying mine only when a newsstand perusal disclosed something interesting and useful, but there hasn't been anything useful or interesting (to me) for some time. Time to thin the herd.

Comment

• Mr__Bill
          Veteran Member
          • May 2007
          • Tacoma, WA
          • BT3000

I'm disappointed... they didn't throw in the HF blades.....

Yeah I know but... some of us have to save the good blades for the good stuff. It would be nice to know just how well the HF did or did not perform when tested with the expensive brands.

Comment

Working...