• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eccentrictinkerer
    • Aug 2007
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • BT-3000, 21829

'Nother Wixey Installation

I finally got the Wixey Fence Indicator installed on my 22811. It turned out to be a lot easier than I had anticipated.

I chose to forego using the supplied hardware and mounted the Wixey rail directly to the fence rail with 4 sheetmetal screws.

I made a bracket for the magnetic catch from a small "L" bracket smacked flat. I rounded it off on the grinder. I attached it the fence by tapping it with a 6-32 hole.

It only took about 20 minutes to do all this. This is the best new toy I've had in a long time. I zero'd it against the blade, moved the fence 2.00" and did a short rip. Checked it with a dial caliper and it was 'dead nuts' on.

This product is well worth the money ($100 including a Wixey digital angle gauge).

You might think I haven't contributed much to the world, but a large number
    of the warning labels on tools can be traced back to things I've done...
  • Parkingmeter
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2007
    • Santa Barbara ,CA

Dang, I have been stuck at work the last 3 days and won't be home until Saturday morning, then I can install my new gage too. I bought it for the same reason everyone else does, it makes your table saw cut perfect every time.

Comment

• Slik Geek
      • Dec 2006
      • Lake County, Illinois
      • Ryobi BT-3000

Looks mighty handy. One concern that I have regarding the longevity of this device is: how well sealed is the LCD display? Will dust begin to obscure the digital readout over time?

(And how many accessory tables do you have mounted to your saw??!!!)

Comment

• eccentrictinkerer
        • Aug 2007
        • Minneapolis, MN
        • BT-3000, 21829

Originally posted by Slik Geek
        Looks mighty handy. One concern that I have regarding the longevity of this device is: how well sealed is the LCD display? Will dust begin to obscure the digital readout over time?

(And how many accessory tables do you have mounted to your saw??!!!)

The display unit is built about as sturdy as any other digital measuring device in my shop. We'll know how sturdy it is after I finish my next project. I'm sort of a "bull in a china shop" carpenter!

I have 3 accessory tables. I bought a BT3000 with a bad arbor off CL. It came with 2 fences and 2 acc'y tables for $50. The next day, I found a near-mint 28211 at a pawn shop with 1 acc'y table, a fence and no SMT for $65. I've been mixing and matching ever since.
        You might think I haven't contributed much to the world, but a large number
        of the warning labels on tools can be traced back to things I've done...

Comment

Working...