Anybody recognize this bandsaw?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mrojec
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2006
    • 63
    • Englewood, CO
    • Ryobi BT3000 (for now)

    #1

    Anybody recognize this bandsaw?

    I hope I attached the photos right... A recently widowed friend was clearing out her garage and I couldn't let this saw go to the dump. The wheels are 12" diameter on 1 1/2" center bearings and the upper one is improvised out of plywood. I'd like to get a new upper wheel to match the lower one, which is aluminum, I think. there is no brand on the machine that I could find.
    Thanks!
    Mark
  • Hoover
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2003
    • 1273
    • USA.

    #2
    Maybe you could try posting this on http://www.owwm.com
    No good deed goes unpunished

    Comment

    • FL Buckeye
      Established Member
      • Aug 2005
      • 187
      • WC Florida and Crossville, TN
      • BT3100, Grizzly 1023SL

      #3
      Try going to the site Hoover suggested. There is one similar to yours there. Its a Craftsman, made in the late 30's for them by Walker Turner. No model number given.
      Lanny

      *****

      The older you get, the better you used to be.

      Comment

      • mrojec
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2006
        • 63
        • Englewood, CO
        • Ryobi BT3000 (for now)

        #4
        That's it! Thanks, fellas. What a great site that is!

        Mark

        Comment

        • linear
          Senior Member
          • May 2004
          • 612
          • DeSoto, KS, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3100

          #5
          Your assistant in the first shot doesn't look too impressed with it. You'll have to teach her about the allure of old iron.
          --Rob

          sigpic

          Comment

          • mrojec
            Forum Newbie
            • Aug 2006
            • 63
            • Englewood, CO
            • Ryobi BT3000 (for now)

            #6
            Rob-
            That would be my daughter, Molly. Don't worry. She's coming around. She'll don a pair of earmuffs and hang out in the shop--at a safe distance of course--from time to time.

            mark

            Comment

            Working...