• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skip C
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2004
    • Rowley, MA.

B & D VPX drill/driver

I've been waiting for the new lithium ion battery powered tools to come down in price but in the meantime my 12 V ni cad just won't hold a charge for a full project in the shop. Amazon was preselling the B&D VPX with 14.4V lithium ion at $99.99. It actually uses 2 7.2V batteries. Now the local True Value is selling them at the same price.

Has anyone used one? I realize it is only a B&D but don't they also own Dewalt? And for $100 it is the cheapeast lithium ion drill /driver with over 7 volts that I have found. Any user comments or other suggetions?

Skip
  • lkazista
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Nazareth, PA, USA.

If I can simply say that although the cost is almost triple of what you are mentioning, the new Makita Drill and Impact driver combo kit for $269 at amazon and home depot is the BEST thing that I have purchased in a very long time.

Fully charges a dead battery in 15 minutes, so light that a large drill bit makes the entire drill front heavy.

Just pick one up the next time you walk through the tool section at HD. They are the new black and white drills.

Lee

Comment

• Cheeky
      • Nov 2006
      • westchester cty, new york
      • Ridgid TS2400LS

Skip,

This Craftsman 16V Li drill is only $75.

the extra $5 will come off in the cart (free shipping too).
      Last edited by Cheeky; 12-11-2007, 11:22 PM.
      Pete

Comment

Working...