• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cheeky
    • Nov 2006
    • westchester cty, new york
    • Ridgid TS2400LS

portable miter saw stands

i have the older ridgid msuv, and love it, however, i'm thinking about getting something that is easier to store, and remove the ms from.

any of you guys and gals have one like the below? doesn't have to be a bosch, just looking for reviews of setting up, taking down, adjustability, etc. anybody have a 12" slider with one?

Pete
  • Red88chevy
    Established Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Midland, Texas.

I have a similar one as the picture from Delta. I think Lowes now carries it as a B&D Firestorm, but it is the same one they use to carry in blue. I just bought it because of a good price, but I have been impressed with it. I thought the skinny legs would be wobbly, but it is very solid. I like the infeeds/outfeeds which are adjustable for height and distance. I use it with a straight 10 inch, but it was very mobile the one time I had to take it to a friends house. The only difficulty with the one I have is the way the saw is bolted to "boards" that snap onto the frame, it makes it difficult to remove the saw by yourself without unbolting from the boards. Some of the brands may have an easier attachment/detachment method.

Comment

• Tom Slick
      Veteran Member
      • May 2005
      • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
      • sears BT3 clone

the sawhelper is the best mitersaw portable stand available, but being the best it costs a bit more. made in MN

I think the bosch stand you are looking at is the same as the TracRac T3
      Thule van and truck racks maximize the carrying capacity of your vehicle. Find the perfect fit and browse our truck and van roof rack systems here.

They make very nice stuff and it is made in MA

I know some people like rousseau products

made in WA
      Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• Stormbringer
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Floral Park, NY
        • Bosch 4000

Then there's the Ryobi. Dewalt, Craftsman, Craftsman2, Denali and Delta similiar to the Bosch design above.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2005
          • Independence, MO, USA.
          • bt3100

The Ryobi and the Denali look identical, (and if ANYONE WITH THE DENALI clamps could give me any company information, like a website), I am wondering about the brackets from one to another.

The Ryobi, UNFORTUNATELY, does sell the brackets individually. So the few people that ordered them and got them as sets, were lucky.

The DeWalt one, was on sale at Amazon, last time I checked for $149 and could hold a 12" slider. The Ryobi is only rated for a 12" cms or 10" slider. Spare brackets for ANY of them is something to check into prepurchase.
          She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• JeffG78
            Established Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
            • BT3100

I have the DeWalt stand and love it. The saw snaps on and off easily and the sliding extensions make molding work easy. After looking at others, I would buy it again in an instant. I can't think of anything more I could ask from it.

Comment

• Lee4847
              Established Member
              • Feb 2006
              • Canton, Oh
              • BT3100

Another Dewalt

I have the Dewalt and am very satisfied with it also. I did check on an extra set of clips for other tools. They are available but they were not cheap as I remember.
              Cut twice.... measure??

Comment

• bearwood
                Forum Newbie
                • Jul 2007

ms stand

I have the delta and it is one big job to remove the MS. the boards it is attached to are so hard to get free from the stand, due to the balance once the bolts are released. you have to have two people present
                lenny.

Comment

Working...