• Show
Clear All
  • psjbob
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2007
    • Port St Joe, Florida
    • Delta TS 350

Which Ridgid Planer ?

My local HD has the older model w/stand Ridgid planer a nearby HD has the new model. Does anyone have comments on the new model. I have read alot about the older one and most owners seem vary pleased. The price is close on these two models.

Any comments would be appreciated.
  • footprintsinconc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
    • BT3100

you know, the newer model just came out. our hd dont have them yet. i was there on friday and didnt see one.

i would go with the newer one. i was on the website and it has a few more options that the older model doesn't. also, the newer model has three blades instead of two. also two speeds (i believe). that means more cuts and smoother cuts (obviously everything has to be aligned).

regards,

Comment

• maxparot
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
      • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

The new one has gotten very good reviews and the old one always took best buy and best value awards. You probably can't got wrong with either. That said you may be able to negotiate a better price on the old model which would make it a no brainer.
      Opinions are like gas;
      I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

The new one has got the better feature set, but the old one is more proven. I typically don't like to buy new models early on after their release, but I'd be tempted in this case.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Working...