• Show
Clear All
  • cgallery
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

My new cyclone separator lid design

I've been working on this for some time: A cyclone separator lid that approaches true cyclones in separation efficiency and is scrub-proof.

http://www.cgallery.com/jpthien/cy.htm
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Very nice, this would fit what I need perfectly. When you figure out pricing for plans and/or spacers, let me know. I am interested.
    Joe

Comment

• jhgrady
      Established Member
      • Jul 2003
      • Alexandria, Va, USA.

That looks great !

Thanks,
      John

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

It looks good. Only thing I would question is the sharp turn in the inlet (the 90-degree PVC ell). Seems like some debris might be too long to make the turn, creating a bottleneck. You might consider using a sweep-type conduit ell there.. I'd like to know when a 4" in/4" out version will be needing a field trial...

Comment

• cgallery
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2004
          • Milwaukee, WI
          • BT3K

Hey Phil I just got mine working as I just got my DC. I ran an add in Woodnet that I was looking for one and a nice guy in Florida hooked me up with a Penn State 1-1/2 HP portable unit and it works great. I sanded and planed for about 4 hrs. yesterday and filled the 20 lb can with chips and dust and the bag didn't even have a handful of stuff in it! I'm going to get a high quality felt 1 micron bag and see what happens next. As you can see in the photos I mounted mine right on top of the separator lid. I wanted the shortest and most direct connection for the inlet into the DC. Also, as you can also see I put a lot of duct tape on the connections as I was paranoid about any air leaks because the 90 degree elbows were the metal ones that you could actually twist for the best angle. You have my permission to post these on your site and on Woodnet if you want as it was your design in the first place and I thank you for it.

Aloha,
          Rob
          This was received via E-Mail from Robert in Hawaii. Hopefully Robert will share his future observations as he uses it some more. I've posted a pic or two here and you can visit the site's forum (http://www.cgallery.com/smf/index.php?topic=27.0) for more.

Comment

Working...