• Show
Clear All
  • Sawatzky
    Established Member
    • Apr 2005
    • CA
    • Ridgid TS3650

Finally and a gloat

I finally have fiinished replacing all my hand held power tools with name brands (Bosch, Porter Cable, Makita). My recent was a Bosch jig saw. There is no comparison between the Bosch and the Black & Decker I had before. I never knew a jig saw could be so smooth and so much fun to use. I think I will just make up projects so I can use this jig saw. It rocks!
  • drumpriest
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
    • Powermatic PM 2000

Congratz! The Bosch jigsaw is indeed awesome, I couldn't believe it when I got mine.
    Keith Z. Leonard
    Go Steelers!

Comment

• TKsDust
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2006

I was elated when I first tried out my new Bosch barrel grip Jig saw and got rid of the nearly unused Craftsman jig saw. Couldn't give it away, wonder why?
      I wish there was a way to get the word out for other WWer's to try out a real jig saw like the Bosch. You will definately make up projects just for the chance to use it.
      It was even better than the upgrade from the $55 Craftsman belt sander to a Porter Cable 352 VS. I just don't use the belt sander half as much as the jig saw.

Enjoy the new saw!

Comment

• TB Roye
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Sacramento, CA, USA.
        • BT3100

I could not believe it when I replace my 30 year old B&D cheapo jigsaw with a Bosch. I though I had died and go to heaven. I have managed to buy good tools this time around and really all I need to replace is my old B&D cheapo 7 1/4"circular saw. My 18v and 14v Ryobi drills amd circ say will be the next to just form being worn out. About the only non name brand power tools I have are my HF Bandsaw and Drill press and they are find and do the job. After year of having cheapo tools it is sure nice to beable to aford the better stuff.

Tom

Comment

• Slik Geek
          • Dec 2006
          • Lake County, Illinois
          • Ryobi BT-3000

I had a similar epiphany when I replaced my 20-year old Craftsman circular saw with the Milwaukee Tilt-Lok. Very sweet. I didn't know what I was missing.

Comment

• Pappy
            The Full Monte
            • Dec 2002
            • San Marcos, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 (x2)

Craftsman belt sander to the PC 352VS

B&D circ saw to a PC magnesium based model

It is nice to pick up a tool and know it does the job right!
            Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
            Fools because they have to say something.
            Plato

Comment

Working...