• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • codaman33
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2004
    • Houston, TX, USA.

sears 14" bandsaw 22401 won't turn on

Okay, I know that I got through college and can somewhat read english sometimes. I finally got my new Sears 14" bandsaw together. I've been trying to get free time for weeks to finish it. Plus, it has been just plain hot in Houston. Anyway, I finally finished putting it together tonight, and guess what, turn the power on and nothing happened. I am looking for ideas or suggests on something little I am not doing or something. Let me know. Thanks in advance.
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

Couple dumb questions/suggestions . . . .

1) Is the worklight wired into the switch or is there two cords? Do you have just the worklight plugged in? If the work light is wired into the main switch, is the work light working?

2) I assume you have tested another tool in this outlet to make sure it is functioning?

3) There is likely a thermal overload switch on the motor. Hit the "trip/reset" button.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

Does it come with one of those little yellow tabs that has to be in the switch button to turn it on? You may be missing yours, and if the saw is made for it, it won't work without it. Also, look for loose wires on the power switch or on the motor. There may be other interlocks on the saw, such as one that shuts it off if the blade breaks. Failure of these might cause your problem. I assume that you have checked the circuit breaker for your wall outlet. The motor may also have a thermal overload or centrifugal switch that is faulty or out of adjustment.

Comment

• Hoover
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2003
        • USA.

Hi! I'm not trying to be a smart aleck, but if the above 2 great suggestions don't work, please take it back to Sears, and get another saw. I know it is frustrating, to buy a new tool and it doesn't work, but you do have a warranty and a 30 day window. Good luck, I hope you get one that works. From what I have read here and other woodworking sites, is that this is a good saw.
        No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

Working...