What's a good online source for wipe on poly?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • krogers
    Established Member
    • Aug 2003
    • 131
    • Garden City, New York, USA.

    #16
    [QUOTE=Jeffrey Schronce;306756]If making your own just remember that the quality of the poly makes all the difference. I was very happy with my wipe on poly mixtures . . . then I tried General Finish Arm-R-Seal.

    Jeff, Do you mean that you are using Arm-R-Seal straight from the can? Are you thinning it at all and creating a wipe on poly? - Kevin

    Comment

    • Jeffrey Schronce
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • 3822
      • York, PA, USA.
      • 22124

      #17
      [quote=krogers;307593]
      Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
      If making your own just remember that the quality of the poly makes all the difference. I was very happy with my wipe on poly mixtures . . . then I tried General Finish Arm-R-Seal.

      Jeff, Do you mean that you are using Arm-R-Seal straight from the can? Are you thinning it at all and creating a wipe on poly? - Kevin
      Yes, I am using Arm-R-Seal straight from the can as it is a wipe on poly. It is made specifically for wipe on application.

      My statement was that used to make my own wipe on poly with Minwax products and naptha. I was happy with the until I tried Arm-R-Seal straight out of the can. IMHO the Arm-R-Seal was a much more superior performing poly. Sags, hardness, color, buffing, all seemed much better with Arm-R-Seal.

      I do agree with Jim on spraying Resisthane. What a great product.

      Comment

      • krogers
        Established Member
        • Aug 2003
        • 131
        • Garden City, New York, USA.

        #18
        Thanks Jeff. I didn't realize Arm-R-Seal is a wipe on poly. I will give it a try. - Kevin

        Comment

        • gbtower
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2007
          • 21

          #19
          Is there a non-wipe-on Arm-R-Seal? I checked the local Rockler and the can doesn't look exactly the image on the Rockler site. It was missing the Wipe-On part, but it was still oil-based and the instructions still say it can be wiped on. I wonder if I'd have to thin it.

          Comment

          Working...