"BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
    KeyLlama.com
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Two...

What type are the axle bearings and is the swivel mounted on double row bearings? These are the 2 areas the lower end bearings fall short on.

I have used the Grizzly's for llighter loads without a problem. For heavier stuff I go with Darnell-Rose.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• gsmittle
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2004
      • St. Louis, MO, USA.
      • BT 3100

Originally posted by Pappy
      Two...

What type are the axle bearings and is the swivel mounted on double row bearings? These are the 2 areas the lower end bearings fall short on.

I have used the Grizzly's for llighter loads without a problem. For heavier stuff I go with Darnell-Rose.
      And here I was thinkin' the Hartville ones were evolutionarily more advanced...

g.
      Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
      Bill & Ted

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Any idea how the Hartville ones are compared to the Woodcraft ones (other then cheaper)?

Thanks
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• DonHo
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2004
          • Shawnee, OK, USA.
          • Craftsman 21829

I've used the Hartville caster many times and have looked at the Woodcraft( in person at a Woodcraft store) and they look a lot alike. I'll probably continue to use the Hartville casters as they are cheaper and they have never caused me any problems.

DonHo
          Don

Comment

• gwyneth
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2006
            • Bayfield Co., WI

Originally posted by DonHo
            I've used the Hartville caster many times and have looked at the Woodcraft( in person at a Woodcraft store) and they look a lot alike. I'll probably continue to use the Hartville casters as they are cheaper and they have never caused me any problems.
            Not to mention that the price of the Hartville ones will be another 15% less if you belong to woodnet.net (anyone can join) and mention it when you order; the shipping is lower*; and Hartville doesn't franchise. (OK, the last reason is based on emotions rather than logic.)

*For those who don't live near a Woodcraft store or Hartville, OH.

Comment

• dkerfoot
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2004
              • Holland, Michigan
              • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by Pappy
              I don't know. I bought eight of the Hartville and have them all mounted already. I doubt I'll be able to tell without a fair bit of disassembly, which I'd really rather not do. Does anyone else know?

Actually, I noticed something interesting when I removed the grizzley's from my router table and replaced them with the Hartville. The locked wheels actually tend to slide a bit more. The wheel material seems to be the same density, etc... I think it is simply because my router table/cabinet is not very heavy (probably 100 lbs) and with the wider wheels the weight is disbursed too much. The narrower wheels of the grizzley's grabbed more (I believe) because the weight was distributed on a narrower point.
              Doug Kerfoot
              "Sacrificial fence? Aren't they all?"

Smaller, Smarter Hardware Keyloggers
              "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
              KeyLlama.com

Comment

• gsmittle
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2004
                • St. Louis, MO, USA.
                • BT 3100

Originally posted by dkerfoot
                Actually, I noticed something interesting when I removed the grizzley's from my router table and replaced them with the Hartville. The locked wheels actually tend to slide a bit more. The wheel material seems to be the same density, etc... I think it is simply because my router table/cabinet is not very heavy (probably 100 lbs) and with the wider wheels the weight is disbursed too much. The narrower wheels of the grizzley's grabbed more (I believe) because the weight was distributed on a narrower point.
                Maybe you need a granite top on your router table...

g.
                Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
                Bill & Ted

Comment

• gwyneth
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2006
                  • Bayfield Co., WI

Originally posted by gsmittle
                  Maybe you need a granite top on your router table...
                  That was a real dog-waker! (That's how we describe a burst of involuntary laughter that makes the dog raise his head and look around to see what the human has done now.)

Be careful, though, we don't want 'granite' to become an auto-****.

Comment

Working...