• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HarmsWay
    • Nov 2003
    • Victoria, BC
    • BT3000

Replacement batteries for drills

Some may remember my rants about disposable drills and my displeasure at retiring perfectly good drills because the batteries were dead and not worth replacing. Well at the woodworking show this weekend was a company selling made-in-China new replacement battery packs. I probably would have ignored the display but out of the corner of my eye I spotted an old Milwaukee style battery. My old 12v Milwaukee drill is about 15 years old and the batteries from Milwaukee were about $100 when they were available. This battery company was selling their version for $46. I ended up buying one along with two of the Dewalt-style 12v packs ($40 each). I was pretty excited to get them charged up and see the old Milwaukee running again. Okay, so I'm easily amused. Anyway I'll see how they last because that's half price compared to OEM packs.

Bob
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

Tough to find Chinese batteries... They're too busy puttin' all the lead in the toys!

Comment

• Stavs
      Forum Newbie
      • Sep 2007

I get my batteries rebuilt from voltman.com. Its cheap and effective. They do a good job.

Comment

• Hellrazor
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Abyss, PA
        • Ridgid R4512

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
        Tough to find Chinese batteries... They're too busy puttin' all the lead in the toys!
        That's because they are used to making batteries

Comment

Working...