• Show
Clear All
  • niki
    • Nov 2006
    • Poland
    • EB PK255

Folding, Adjustable heght table

Good day

I made this table for different purpose but, I will not tell you which one because you will laugh at me...

But, while working on it in the garage, I thought that I can use it also as an adjustable height table for the Drill press, table saw, router table and alike to support long boards.

The base is two frames, M&T (made with the "rolling tenon jig" on the table saw), connected with bolts as an X...the top can be any plywood, melamine or whatever.

If I would make it for the shop, I would make it from more "massive" wood, say 2" x 4", wider footprint and maybe pipe clamp for height adjustment so, I can use it also as a low (or high) assembly table

I did not have intention to post it but then, I thought, maybe it will give somebody some ideas so, here it is.

Regards
    niki

Last edited by niki; 10-01-2007, 02:27 PM. Reason: miss-spelling
  • jackellis
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

Genius! I've been needing both infeed and outfeed tables to work with large stock, especially on my band saw. This could be used quite nicely for both the table saw and the band saw.

Thanks Nikki.

Comment

• radhak
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2006
      • Miramar, FL
      • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Stupendous! Unbelievably useful, and seems easy to make. Maybe I'll attempt this before any of your other jigs (which are part of my 'to do' list).

I really think this is one you should 'patent', or maybe send to Shopnotes / Wood to benefit a larger audience.
      It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
      - Aristotle

Comment

• MilDoc

Great idea as usual!

Now, can you design one that would hold, say, 50 pounds or more, to serve as an adjustable assembly table?

Comment

• L. D. Jeffries
          • Dec 2005
          • Russell, NY, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

Niki, If I move to Poland can I be your neighbor? You have some of the best ideas, bar none. Your last, the adjustable table is one of the really better ones. My next project, thanks "idea man".
          RuffSawn
          Nothin' smells better than fresh sawdust!

Comment

• dkerfoot
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2004
            • Holland, Michigan
            • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by niki
            I made this table for different purpose but, I will not tell you which one because you will laugh at me...
            We would never laugh at you! (So long as you are also laughing, in which case we will be laughing WITH you!)

I am once again amazed at your ingenuity with wood. Very, very clever!

But, I really am curious what the original purpose was...
            Doug Kerfoot
            "Sacrificial fence? Aren't they all?"

Smaller, Smarter Hardware Keyloggers
            "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
            KeyLlama.com

Comment

• niki
              • Nov 2006
              • Poland
              • EB PK255

Thank you so much

MilDoc
              As I said, I would make it from 2" x 4"s, wider footprint (24") and use the Ponny pipe clamp for height adjustment but of course, somebody has to try it...maybe in a few days, I'll buy a few 2" x 4" and try to make it and sit on it...with belts from the ceiling...to be on the safe side

L. D. Jeffries
              They are building new houses around me and I'll be more than happy to talk and share woodworking with somebody that I don't have to "break my teeth" to talk to...actually there is no anybody around here that I can talk to about woodworking...Thank you for your kind words.

Dkerfoot
              OK, so after you promised not to laugh (I meant to make fan out of me...but of course you can, I'm an "open" person), here is the original planning and usage of the table...

I'm doing part of the cleaning in the house So, when I clean the tops in the bathroom, toilet, cabinets and shelves, I have to remove all the "art collections" and put them on the floor or another furniture...

So instead of bending or moving around too much, I made myself this table, as fix height table, but then, it came to me that I can use it also as an adjustable height table for the machines just by adding this bar with the dowels and the screw.

Here you can see the “dry section” of our bathroom (the “wet section” is in a separate room on the right and contains only bath tab and shower), I just remove everything to the “table” and clean…very easy…

That’s the original planning, 4 hooks and small wheels on the legs

I just put the base on the floor…

Put the top and press down to “click” into the hooks

I’m planning to put also some shelf under (maybe for the cleaning stuff)

And screw some fences around so nothing will fall, in case I bang it…

So, I just roll it from one room to the other, clean and at the end, fold it out….or use it as tea trolly…

Regards
              niki

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2006
                • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
                • BT3100

truly and amazing idea! i cant believe how simple the idea is and a very interesting use indeed .

Comment

• cobob
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Rolla, MO, USA.
                  • BT3100

You are the Thomas Edison of woodworking!!

Comment

• Red88chevy
                    Established Member
                    • Sep 2004
                    • Midland, Texas.

I'm still waiting for the book with all these great ideas in them! And I want an autographed copy!

Comment

• crokett
                      The Full Monte
                      • Jan 2003
                      • Mebane, NC, USA.
                      • Ryobi BT3000

Niki that is awesome! I was looking for an outfeed table for my jointer and tablesaw when I work with larger stock outside. I have a folding roller stand, but that idea is even better.
                      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• niki
                        • Nov 2006
                        • Poland
                        • EB PK255

Thank you so mush

Red88chevy
                        Thanks but no book, I still enjoy being in the garage...

David
                        For an Outfeed/Infeed tables I would make it from 2" x 4" or, if you have the instruments and knowledge, from 1" x 2" square iron profiles and 24" wide for good lateral stability.

Regards
                        niki

Comment

Working...