• Show
Clear All
  • Whaler
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Sequim, WA, USA.
    • DW746

A Short Tool Review

I spent today working on my soon to be shop and initiated my new DW 18V circular saw.
    I cut 18 2X4s and 4 4X4s to size and was impressed with how it performed. It doesn't have the power of a corded saw but it did what I asked of it. The only thing I found that I didn't like was the safety release, my thumb is to short and not strong enough to operate it and pull the trigger so starting the saw is a two handed job.
    Like any cordless tool the big advantage is that there is no cord to drag around or cut through.
    If I were doing a lot of circ saw cutting I probably would have went with a corded saw but for what I did today and will probably do in the future the DW DC390 is great.
    Last edited by Whaler; 09-23-2007, 06:52 PM.
    Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

I spent today working on m

It IS short!
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Whaler
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Sequim, WA, USA.
      • DW746

Sorry, it's been a long day and I'm tired.
      Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

Ahh, now its working. When a couple of cordless circular saws came out a few years ago, they got terrible reviews. Part of it was the direct comparison to corded saws and some was to the poor performance.

I have a Ryobi 18V cordless cir saw and would give it basically the same performance review as you did. IF one does NOT expect it to cut like a corded saw - and use it for what it can do (plus have an extra battery on hand) they are very handy and worth having around for the quick jobs.

Thanks for the review.
        Last edited by leehljp; 09-23-2007, 07:09 PM.
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...