• Show
Clear All
  • ragswl4
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Winchester, Ca
    • C-Man 22114

Router Raizer anyone?

I was looking at router lifts on Amazon and came across the Router Raizer.

http://www.amazon.com/Router-Raizer-...0248936&sr=1-1

It receives 5 star reviews and wondered if anyone has one or has experience with one. The newest model is supposed to fit the Hitachi M12V2 which I purchased a few months ago. I have not seen another lift that works with that router.
    RAGS
    Raggy and Me in San Felipe
    sigpic
  • liftoff621@hotmail.com
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2005
    • San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA.
    • Craftsman 22124

Woodpecker Unilift Will Work

The Woodpecker Unilift will work with your Hitachi M12V2. I have it mounted in my table. The lift is a quality piece of work. I had to add the Extreme Extension to allow complete above the table bit changes with the M12V2. I bought both on sale. Big bucks but I got what I paid for.

http://www.woodpeck.com/unilift.html
    Attached Files

Comment

• TB Roye
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Sacramento, CA, USA.
      • BT3100

I have one on my M12V mounted in a table and have no complaints. There are more expensive and more accurate ones, but for the price mine is ok. Takes a little drilling to mount it but they provide a template depending on your router. I took the springs out of the M12V and have had in in my table (Rockler table top and plate) for 3 years with no problem. I have PC693 with a fixed and plunge base for hand work. That M12V would be a handful for me to be hand held. You have to lower the M12V with the Router Raiser to change bits, so I have to pop the plate/insert out to change the bit, but thats not a big problem. There is a collett/shaft lock I have to press before losening the collett with a wrench so above table bit changes would be problem with the Router Raiser and the M12V, don't know about the M12V2.

Tom
      Last edited by TB Roye; 09-19-2007, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• Ken Massingale
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Liberty, SC, USA.
        • Ridgid TS3650

I have one in my stand-alone RT, rags. It does work as advertised, it's doesn't begin to compare to the Quicklift on my RT TS extension, but they don't compare in price either. You can adjust to precise heights and it stays where you set it.
        I use mine with a honker 3.25 HP 16 lb. Craftsman router and they play well together.

Comment

• davethegolfer
          Forum Newbie
          • Mar 2005

Router Raizer w/M12V

I have the router raizer and installed it on the M12V. It works great and you get great tech support. I would suggest that you call Router Raizer before you start the installation and you will be able to get good tips to make the process go better and faster.

Comment

• jgrobler
            Established Member
            • Dec 2005
            • Salinas, CA, USA.
            • TS3650

Seems like a popular combo, Router Raizer & M12V. I have the same.

Installation was straightforward. They include parts for almost every router - when I saw the miriad of parts in the box I thought it's gonna hard, but I only needed used a few of them. Took about an hour to set up.

I'm very happy with the performance too, and although I might one day upgrade to a better lift, that day is pretty far off.

Comment

Working...